31

It was a week before New Year's when Jen began to bug me to go shopping with her. As much as I loved her, I hated shopping. I dragged my feet to the mall as I looked over to Jen's side, seeing her eyes gleaming in excitement.

She made sure to walk in every single store, even the ones she knew she wasn't going to buy things from.

"Dude, look at this!" She squealed, pointing to a purple dress on the mannequin. "It would look so good on you!"

Looking at the dress reminded me of Taehyung. Purple was his favorite color, and as much as I wanted to go in and try the dress, I knew it wouldn't look good on me. So, I rolled my eyes, walking away from the dress. But before I knew it, I was being pulled back by her.

"Didn't you say you were going on a date with him soon?" She asked and I nodded, oblivious to where she was going with this.

"This is what you should wear on the date." She spoke, clapping her hands.

"I'll look like an idiot wearing that." I narrowed my eyes. "Purple isn't my color." I sighed.

"It won't hurt to try it on just once." She shrugged, asking the man to take the dress off the mannequin. She grabbed my hand, dragging me to the trial room before shoving me inside one.

I stumbled in, huffing as I stared at my reflection in the mirror, thinking of ways I could escape her. But my plans came crashing down as she banged on the door, reminding me to try it.

I hesitantly pulled down my dress, examining the purple one carefully before putting it on. The dress clung to my body, its sleeves hanging gently above my elbows, and the bottom of it pooling down around my ankles. The beautiful white lining along the dress gave it a sophisticated yet delicate look. I glanced at my reflection again, taken aback by how different I looked.

I opened the door, revealing Jen on the other side with her mouth agape as she looked at me.

"Gosh, Sora." She whispered, placing her hands on my shoulders before eyeing me from top to bottom. "You look beautiful."

I blushed at her words, hitting her arm playfully as I whirled around, giving her a complete look of my dress.

"Are you sure it looks good?" I asked, my brows narrowing as I realized I was going to show up on the date looking like this.

"Have you not looked at yourself?" She widened her eyes. "Paired with a silver dainty necklace, not only Taehyung but every guy on this planet will lose his mind." She squealed.

We ended up buying the dress along with a necklace Jen suggested. I could ask her to be my personal stylist and she would happily agree.

On reaching home, we were greeted by Taehyung and Jimin sprawled on the couch. 

"What took you guys so long?" Taehyung jumped up from the couch, taking slow, almost seductive steps towards me. He wrapped his hand around my waist, pulling me close and pecking my lips.

"You look awfully beautiful today." He whispered, his voice getting an octave lower. "She has that glow on her face, you know?" He turned to look at Jimin who stood opposite to him, a wide grin plastered on his face.

Taehyung suddenly gasped, his eyes widening as he shook me aggressively before pulling me into a tight hug.

"What?" I muttered, my voice getting muffled as I felt my face squish against his chest, not understanding his sudden outburst.

"Are you.." he trailed off, "pregnant?" He squealed.

"What!?" I spat.

I pushed him away, smacking his arm as I looked at the evil smirk on his face. He kept wiggling his eyebrows, making it hard for me to not pinch his cheeks.