◇ 13 ◇

Avery knew something was wrong. It crept did into her bones. During supper she change her seat having her sit next to Victor. Victor held her hand knowing after all these years he still knew her even if she did change in the years shes been away.

After supper Victor and Avery volunteered to wash the dushes to night. Avery needed a distractin. And Victor wanted to make sure his girlfriend was okay.

The two talked softly to one another. Victor trying to make sure that Avery wasn't going to do anything crazy. Because kast time she did they both died trying to stop the hollow. After the two finish Victor pulls her into his arms, hugging her in the middle of the kitchen. They swayed a little side by side. And for a moment Avery didn't think that something bad was going to happen. For a moment it was just them. For a moment Avery felt at ease. 

But it was only for a moment. And after the moment was over, reality sunk in. Pulling away slowly. Avery smiles at her boyfriend and kissed his chin as she was too short to kiss his lips. Victor laughs softly. And the two exit the kitchen.

Miss Peregrines decides to have the children stay inside during the reset for tonight. Only small protest were made but was silence once she gave the children a stern look and went outside to restart the next 24 hours.

Victor, Emma, Olive, Enoch and Avery started tucking the younger children into bed. They didn't do it often but when they do it's because Miss Peregrines was gone, but this time Miss Peregrines was helping Miss Dove and was making sure they children stayed safe.

After the last of the chidlren were tucked in. Avery decided to make tea for them and the other two adults before bed as this was ro hopefully calm Miss Dove. Sitting on the chair in the kitchen Avery waited silently for the water to boil even thiugh Olive says she coukd do it quicker by taking off her gloves Avery declinded as she didn't want to be sent ro bed just yet.

Once the water boiled Avery set up the tea and brought to cups over to where Miss Peregrines and Miss Dove where. They bith thanked her and Miss Peregrines tells her that once she finishes her tea ber and the older children where to go straight to bed afterwards.

Instead Avery left her tea alone and was sitting in the palor her legs folded together eyes closed as she concentrate on the world outside the loop looling for any danger that could be known. Coming up with nonthing but another vister for birds, Avery stood up and headed off to bed telling the others goodnight.

Victor followed after her, he told telling the kast three goodnight before stopping Avery from going into her room. "Is something wrong, you've been quiet and didn't even drink your tea. " Victor says. "I just can't  shake iff the feeling that where going to be next Victor.  I just got you back. I just got back. I don't want anyone getting hurt. But im stronger now more powerful. Mwt other perticlers and was able to get more to protect all if you." She says.

Victor wraps her in a hug. " Not going to be losing us any time soon. " he tells her. But it wasn't in a promise as he knew he couldn't make a promise if he knew he didn't know if he could keep.

Victor held her in his arms for as long as he could unill footsteos made there way uo stairs and they separated. Avery slipping into her room with a wuick goodnight and and i kove you falling iut her mouth before closing the door.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

In the morning Avery awoken and changed into something light. Instead of wearing her big heavy gowns, she changed into an older dress from when she first became known as a perticler. It was green and went well with her skin tone. Pulling halg her hair back,  Avery looked like a warrior. Something she never though would be again.

Leaving she heads downstairs greeting the younger children in passing and heading tinthe kitchen to see if anything needed to be done. She was told to set the table.

And so she did. Setting the tabke she hum softly as she set the forks on top of the napkins gently. Enoch coming in and setting down plates and bowls.  Victor and emma come out setting food down. Victor glances at her outfit and smiles. "Trying to feel like its... he traiked off trying think what hear was in. But eceryone knew her as the girk from the 1800s. Avery smiled at him. "Im really old Victor, from the tenth centre. " she informed. The begining of loops where being made by then."She says. Everyine that was in the room looked at her in bewilderment.

" well you must be very good at history." Enoch says breaking the ice before they all continue setting up for breakfast. It wasn't untill aftwr breakfast did Miss Peregrines tokd the chidren to pack liggt was that they'll  be leaving tonight and going to another loop for the time being.

The children protest but Miss Peregrines told them to listen. So after the breakfast the children were running around trying to take everything that they coukd fit in there bags.

As they were rummage, Victor sister yelled out that Jake was back and Avery headed downstairs victor following behind her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Short and rush uodate i know

Sorry it has taken me so long a lot has been happening and im kinda over this story.

Im gonna finish it thiugh but it won't be  as good as i hoped for it. I feel out of love fir this story. And im also starting college this year after i took a gap year.

Vote and comment

Ill see you in my next update

I love you guys