One: First Assignment

Three years ago:

Kara Danvers had very recently become a reporter. She had gone to journalism school, but Cat Grant had only wanted her as an assistant for years. Now, she had her very first assignment. What was her first assignment? Interview Lena Luthor on her opinion of Supergirl, then she had to interview Supergirl on Lena's opinion of her work. Of course she had to meet Lena Luthor for her first assignment. Cat couldn't go easy on her. She didn't mind interviewing herself as Supergirl, but meeting a woman famous for her brother's hate of aliens didn't sound very easy. Lena's assistant let her into the office with a smile, but Kara's stomach was in knots. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw the most beautiful girl in the universe. Lena's green eyes were piercing. Her smile was breathtaking. Kara couldn't help but let her eyes wander. Lena's dress was tight and low cut, and Kara's cheeks heated up as she caught herself staring at the woman's chest.

"Ms. Danvers, it's very nice to meet you. I've been looking forward to a meeting with someone my age that isn't only interested in taking me to their room." Lena joked. I wouldn't mind taking you to my room. Kara thought, faking a smile and attempting to find the words to speak other than her thoughts.

"H-hi, I'm Kara. I've...um...been looking forward to meeting you, too." Kara stammered. Liar. Kara thought to herself.

"Shall we begin?" Lena asked, motioning to the couch.

"Yes. Of course." Kara answered, taking a seat and pulling her recorder from her purse. "National City's hero, Supergirl, has been up to a lot lately. A lot of people are wondering how you feel about having an alien superhero."

"I'm grateful. I lived in Metropolis, which Superman protects, and I was honestly a bit worried that National City would be a bit more dangerous, but Supergirl is the reason I believe otherwise. She's exceptional at what she does. I'm very grateful that she's here to protect everyone." Lena answered simply.

"Have you met Supergirl yet?" Kara knew the answer, but not asking and writing it in would seem suspicious.

"No, but I'd like to. I've heard she's very fun to be around. Of course, I don't get out much, but I do enjoy some good company every once in a while." Lena replied.

"I know you probably hate being asked this, but is there anyone you're seeing right now? Cat put it in the mandatory questions." Kara asked. It wasn't a complete lie. Cat did want her to ask about it, but it wasn't on the mandatory list.

"It is a common question. I'm used to it now. No, not at the moment. I would like to see you, though." Lena immediately realized what she had said and covered her face with her hands. "I'm not usually like that, I'm so sorry." She mumbled. Kara turned off the recorder with a half smile.

"It's fine. I'm taken, though." Kara replied.

"Guy?" Lena asked.

"No...her name is Lucy." Kara replied quietly.

"Oh. I'm so sorry. We can just finish up and I can get out of your life." Lena sighed.

"I don't know, I might just let you take me out, just as friends." Kara smiled, but her phone began ringing.

"Do you have enough? You can go if you need to." Lena asked.

"I actually do. Supergirl is the other half of the article. And that's Lucy. I forgot a date! I have to go, I'm sorry." Kara babbled, shoving her recorder back into her purse and answering the call on the way out.