Nineteen: Gone Girls

Lena sat in the middle of the concrete room, her gaze fixed on the door. Come on, Alex. Please find us. She thought, over and over until she was driving herself crazy. She sat cross-legged on the floor, Kara's unconscious head resting in her lap. Kara's wounds had been bandaged, and her suit had been removed. She wore a loose button-up, her legs covered by Lena's jacket. There was a pool of blood only a few feet away from where they sat, and looking at the amount, Lena was paralyzed by fear of Kara never waking up.

It didn't make sense. Nothing did. Kara, the invincible superhero was practically dying in her arms, Lex Luthor had escaped the highest security prison in the world, and there Lena sat, in the middle of it all, cradling her hero's head in her lap.

Kara's hand twitched, then she shifted on the cement floor. Lena's hands froze in the blonde's now rust-colored hair. Her blue-grey eyes fluttered open, meeting Lena's worried green ones.

"Is this what a migraine feels like? It really sucks. Also, my butt is numb." Kara muttered, closing her eyes again. Lena brushed Kara's hair out of her eyes with a smile.

"You scared me, you big dummy." She chuckled, pressing a kiss to Kara's lips, which tasted of potstickers (as usual) and chemicals. "You taste weird."

"That'd be the kryptonite-tinted blood." Kara sighed, scrunching up her nose.

"I'm sorry, Kara. You're here because of me, and I'm sorry." Lena whispered.

"I can't sit up, so get down here and kiss me." Kara giggled. Lena rolled her eyes, placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Stop ruining moments. Look, I got us in here, I'll get us out. I'm sorry."

"Don't stop kissing me, you nerd. I almost died, and now I realize that I need to spend as much time as I can kissing you." Kara smiled, craning her neck in an attempt to meet Lena's lips.

"Babe, not if it means you'll actually die. Come on, we need to go before Lex gets here." Lena murmured.

"Worth it."

"Definitely not. If you die, I will most definitely not make it. Lex probably already knows you're awake."

"Oh, he does." The door slammed open, revealing Lex. He held his favorite gun, aimed right at Kara's head. "Sorry, I'm a sucker for a dramatic entrance."

"As if anything you do is anything less than dramatic." Lena spat, helping Kara sit up. Kara had to put most of her weight on Lena, but at least she looked better than she felt.

"Now, she's talking, you start," Lex announced, adjusting his aim to Kara's new position.

"Haremn-El doesn't exist on Earth. I don't know where it is now, but like Kryptonite, it originated on Krypton. It burns the skin of any Kryptonian who comes into contact with it." Lena explained.

"What about the formula you created for the DEO?" Lex asked.

"They blasted it into space. I don't know where, but I burned all of my research so that it didn't fall into the wrong hands." Lena lied.

"Liar!" Lex screamed.

"I'm not, I swear!"

"You talk, or I shoot. Trust me, sis, my aim is impeccable." Lex stepped forward, adjusting the handgun again.

"Lex, please, no!" Lena screamed, trying her best to shield Kara while still holding her weight. Hot tears ran down her cheeks and dropped onto the concrete.

"I don't want to, and I won't have to if you just talk. I know that you know more than you're saying." Lex insisted.

"Lena, don't tell him or he'll just hurt more people." Kara murmured. Lena could feel Kara taking fistfuls of her shirt, holding tight for some sort of comfort.

"I'm not giving a weapon to a mass murderer," Lena announced, her voice shaking.

"You give me no other choice, then."

A loud bang filled Lena's ears, then another, and another.