Four: DEO Blues

Kara landed at the DEO, searching for her sister or J'onn. They weren't anywhere she looked, and her panic attack got worse by the second. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't speak, she couldn't focus on anything but anxiety. People walked past her, all trying to get somewhere. Kara hovered above the flood of people as she held fistfuls of her cape in an attempt to stay calm. She flew above the crowds to the room where she sparred with Alex, turning on the Kryptonite emitters to weaken her powers with shaky hands before she crumpled into a heap on the ground. Soon, she fell asleep, laying there for almost three hours before some agents entered the room to find her curled into a ball by the door, fast asleep with the Kryptonite emitters still on. Alex was the first person they called.

"Kara? You fell asleep with the Kryptonite emitters on. We don't know what it could do, so I have to run some tests." Alex murmured, shaking her little sister's shoulder.

"Alex?" Kara asked, her voice hoarse from crying. She had a pounding headache and could barely keep her eyes open.

"Come on, I think there's a sun lamp calling your name in the med bay." Alex sighed, motioning for some agents to bring over a wheelchair. She was weak, pale, and exhausted. Alex fidgeted with her hands as Kara was wheeled away. Everyone watched as the Girl of Steel was wheeled across the DEO, shivering and pale.

Kara woke up at eight thirty the next morning, warm from the sun lamps. Her niece slept in a bed that Alex demanded be brought in when her daughter woke and wouldn't sleep until she knew her Aunt Kara was okay. Kara moved the sun lamp so that she could sit up, looking around. Alex noticed her sister awake and rushed to take care of her.

"What time is it?" Kara asked immediately.

"Almost eight forty now, why?" Alex asked.

"I have to meet Lena. I have to apologize for last night." Kara explained quickly, swinging her legs over the side of the bed.

"No way. You're not going anywhere until I know you're okay." Alex insisted. Kara used her laser vision on the headboard of the hospital bed, specifically made to be Super-proof, her freeze breath to cool it down, then flew over and lifted the hospital bed with Ruby in it.

"I'm fine, bye!" Kara shouted on her way out. Alex rolled her eyes. at her sister, but allowed her to go.

A/N: Hello, guys! I'll be giving you two chapters today because TemperanceBooth1 is an active commenter and I love getting feedback. So, comment and vote, please! I love seeing how you react. Especially because I get proud of myself when I can mess with your emotions. I'm a little evil.

I promise, I do love you guys :).

-Jay <3