Sixteen: Game Night

After the dream, the two fell into a simple routine. The couple went to work, then ate lunch in Kara's office, and ended the day with dinner in Lena's office. Finally, both Kara and Lena retired to their own night jobs, Kara fighting crime quicker than ever, and Lena building through the night. It was easy, comfortable. Kara was miserable. Seeing Lena twice every day for a chaste kiss, a meal, and a goodbye wasn't enough anymore.

"Hey, babe." Lena chimed, setting a takeout box in front of her girlfriend with a smile. She leaned over the desk and pressed a quick kiss to Kara's lips, as usual.

"Hey." Kara pulled Lena in again, lengthening the kiss. "I've missed you."

"We see each other every day, love." Lena chuckled, plopping into her favorite of Kara's chairs.

Kara smiled, rolling her chair to Lena's side. (She loved her new rolling chair.) "Yeah, but we don't talk, and I don't get to hold you."

"Well, then we'll grant your wish, Supergirl." Lena teased, moving from her chair to Kara's lap. "Is this what you missed?"

"And game nights. Speaking of which, we're having another tonight if you want to come." Kara's sly smirk made Lena laugh, allowing her head to fall against Kara's shoulder.

"Of course I'll come, dork."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Alex doesn't want to kill me, Sam doesn't want to kill you, and I'm sure I can handle Winn and James. I love game night." Lena smiled, placing a kiss on Kara's lips.

"Yay! Game night!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kara, Alex, and Sam relaxed in Kara's kitchen, Kara on a stool, Sam on the counter, and Alex standing between her wife's legs, leaning against the counter. The snacks were made, the liquor was out, and the games were piled on the coffee table. With nothing left to do, the three had returned to the kitchen for some wine and girl talk.

"How's school been going?" Kara asked. Alex's eyes lit up when Kara directed the conversation towards Ruby.

"It's going great! Ruby loves it. She's been making friends, and she's already reading some. When we dropped her off the other day for the first time, she just gave me a hug goodbye and went to play." Alex was excited, proud. Kara loved how happy Sam and Ruby made her.

"And she's still just as spoiled." Sam messed up Alex's hair with a smirk, earning a small shriek from the agent.

"Not the hair!" Alex squealed. Kara giggled as the pair settled down, Sam fixing Alex's hair while she rolled her eyes.

"You're like a cat." She mumbled. Alex stuck her tongue out at her wife playfully, then smiled.

"So, how's it going with Lena? How's the sex?" Alex asked.

"Alex!" Kara scrunched her nose, covering her bright red face with her hands.

"What? You obviously slept together." Alex tilted her glass toward her little sister.

"Good, great, change the subject," Kara muttered.

"How's everything else?" Alex sighed, pretending to be disappointed by the lack of detail.

"Everything else is good," Kara shrugged. "She brings me potstickers."

"The way to your heart." Alex nodded. Kara rolled her eyes, the front door swinging open at that moment.

"Hey, it was unlocked, so I just..." Lena chimed.

"Hi. Come on in. Take off your shoes, though. No heels allowed." Kara announced, holding out her wine glass.