Thirteen: Dinners

After a long explanation about how children were made on Krypton, Lena was utterly dazed at the advancements of the foreign planet. She had so many questions that she knew Kara couldn't answer. Suddenly, Kara regretted the fact that procreation was the least of her worries as a child because if she understood it, she could see Lena's eyes light up as she pieced together the pieces of the puzzle in her head. Scientist Lena was just about the cutest thing Kara had ever seen. It was fun to see Lena scribble down the ideas and gasp in excitement when she had an idea.

But, as dinner approached, their conversation had to stop, which Kara was sure would be the worst part of her day. Lena found a dress that was too tight at the chest and a bit too long, that she'd been meaning to get altered, and lent it to Kara, who seemed thrilled at how beautiful it was. The deep blue dress was held up by two thin straps, but had two short, off the shoulder sleeves. It hugged her chest and waist perfectly but flowed from her hips down. The hem stopped just above her knees, and Kara loved the dress almost as much as she loved potstickers.

When they entered the restaurant, hand in hand, both Sam and Eliza sighed, handing money to Alex, who sat in between them. Kara rolled her eyes at Alex's smirk, glancing to study Lena's face. Her emerald green eyes darted from person to person. The brunette's demeanor softened when Ruby bolted into Kara's arms. The blonde picked the girl up with ease, peppering the girl's cheeks with kisses. A smile spread across Lena's lips, watching Kara with the toddler.

"Are you giving her all my kisses?" Lena teased, tickling Ruby's side gently and causing the little girl to squirm in Kara's arms. Kara laughed, placing the girl back in her chair.

"Hello, girls. Lena, it's wonderful to see you." Eliza smiled warmly, standing to hug the women quickly. First, she pulled Kara in, holding her tightly for a few seconds. Lena tensed up at first, surprised at the sudden embrace. Le wasn't used to much physical contact, apart from Kara and her constant affection. After a moment, Lena melted, allowing Eliza's arms to pull her in. When Eliza pulled away, Lena's shoulders relaxed slightly. She took a seat next to Ruby, who had insisted on being in the middle so that she could sit with both of her aunts.

"Eliza, you look amazing as always." Lena chimed, settling in with an arm around Ruby.

"Kiss ass." Alex snorted.

"Alexandra," Eliza warned, shooting her the 'mom' look. Lena smirked slightly, poking out her tongue at her friend.

The family dynamic was something Lena was still getting used to. She had eaten at Sam's before, on days when Sam decided to be extra overprotective, but it was different as Kara's date. Lena could feel Kara's eyes on her as she played tick-tack-toe with Ruby. As they played, Eliza and Kara chatted about work, Alex chiming in with a cool story about the DEO every once in a while, and Sam taking her chances to poke fun at her best friend. After losing to a five-year-old about ten times in a row, (at first purposefully, then she realized Ruby was much better than her at this game) Lena finally distracted Ruby with coloring on her menu so that she could join the adults in conversation. When Lena looked up, Kara's gaze darted back to her mother's, avoiding Lena's stare. A grin spread itself across Lena's lips, crinkling the corners of her eyes.

"Dork," Lena muttered. Kara bit her lip to hold back her giggles, the crinkle between her eyebrows returning. Lena's smile widened as she stared at the menu, not really reading any of the words.

The conversation was light, the food was great, and by the end of the night, Lena held a sleeping Ruby in her arms and had a half-asleep Kara leaning against her shoulder. They stood slowly, Eliza taking Ruby from Lena and Kara intertwining her fingers with Lena's. Lena had already insisted that there was no way in hell that Kara was flying home, so they exited the restaurant hand in hand, following Kara's families. When they had to part ways, Eliza handed Ruby back to her mother (Sam) and kissed Ruby's other mother's cheek. She wrapped both Kara and Lena in warm hugs and sent them off, hollering after them to take care of themselves.

"Can I drive?" Kara asked, a mischevious sparkle in her eyes. Lena laughed, placing a kiss on Kara's cheek.

"No," Lena stated simply, an amused smile on her lips. Kara pouted but got into the car anyways when Lena promised her potstickers for lunch the next day.

"So, how did you like Eliza as...What did you call her? 'Overprotective Aunt of Superman and Mother of Supergirl who'd probably be against this entire relationship'?" Kara teased.

"She wasn't overprotective until she was yelling at us to 'eat healthily' and 'stop working so hard.'" Lena giggled. "She was exactly the same as before, and I liked her then, so I think it went well." She leaned over the center console to place a kiss on Kara's lips. The blonde kissed back almost immediately, soft hands running through even softer hair as two pairs of lips pressed together. Neither woman wanted to pull away, but oxygen soon became a problem.

Well, that and Alex had decided to knock on the window. Kara rolled it down, a loud, frustrated groan escaping her lips.

"What?" She spat, a little more harshly than she had intended it.

"Go home, you useless gays. No sex in the parking lot." Alex chimed, an evil smirk on her lips. Lena leaned over Kara's lap, hitting the button to roll down the window.

"Bye, Alex!" Lena giggled, throwing Kara into a fit of laughter. Lena reconnected their lips with a smile, earning another series of knocks on the window. Unphased, Kara simply removed a hand from Lena's hair and raised her middle finger into the air.

Alex burst into laughter, doubling over at the sight of her little sister flipping her off while making out with Lena Luthor.