2

"...She may be a stone cold bitch, but at least she has someone she can melt around..."

    A cigarette hangs out of Ever’s fingers as she sits on the floor, her head in her hands. In an attempt to forget her past, she ran away to Germany. Where she was hiding for two years.

    “You know, smoking is bad for you, Buttercup,” Ever’s ears perk up as Bucky starts to wake up, smelling the smoke. After he found her in Germany,  moved to Bucharest and have been living together since.

    “Yeah, well...” Ever puts out the cigarette, “So is assassinating 263 people by the age of 20, but who cares right?” Evergreen thinks she is about 25/26 but she isn’t 100% sure. In reality, she is about 65 year old, but Hydra would put people under, she doesn’t really know how long she was under.

    “How long was I asleep?” Bucky yawns, stretching a bit.

    “About 4 hours,” Ever leans back against the couch, her eyes fluttering shut for a second.

    “We have to go to the market today,” Bucky sifts through the cupboards, “We’re running low on… Pretty much everything.”

    “Okay,” Evergreen sighs and hoists herself up. She pulls her poofy, fiery red hair into a large bun and rubs her eyes.

    “You can stay here if you want,” Bucky’s voice and stance softens, “I know you haven’t been sleeping much.” Ever rolls her eyes. She thinks Bucky worries too much about her.

    “It’s fine, little Bucky Bear” Evergreen smirks at the nickname while Bucky rolls his eyes. Knowing Bucky hates it, “I’m fine. Let’s just go.” Bucky secretly loves it.

<>

Bucky and Evergreen split up, to cover more ground and what not. Now, Ever is speaking to a man about buying more cigarettes, until Bucky grabs her arm and starts pulling her away.

    “Oh, my god,” She groans, “what?” She almost starts complaining, but she notices the look on his face. The look of a hunted animal.

    “Something’s wrong,” He whispers and he pulls and extra hat out of his back pocket and hands it to Evergreen. She slips it over her head and pulls her bun through the back, “Something has happened.”

    “Then we need to leave,” Evergreen starts panicking. She knows HYDRA isn’t 100% gone. That would be impossible. Just like the mythical creature. You cut off one head, another will grow in its place, “Now, Buck. We have to get out of here.”

    “Okay, okay,” The older male tries to calm her. Knowing what would happen if she lost control, “We will, let’s get back to the apartment. We can regroup and figure it out from there.”

    “Okay,” Ever breathes out, “Yeah, lets go.”

<>

    Evergreen bumps into Bucky’s back on the way into the apartment, making a blush cover her cheeks. She was busy looking over her shoulder, she didn’t notice him stop.

    Peeking over his shoulder, she notices someone dressed really funny. He is also very muscular.

    “Do you know me?” The man turns around, his eyes shining a vibrant blue. Evergreen doesn’t recognize him, but she doesn’t like how he makes Bucky tense up. Ever gets ready to bring the sparks to her fingertips.

“You're Steve,” Bucky’s whole demeanor has changed. He positions himself slightly in front of Ever, as if shielding her. His voice is restricted and he seems a bit closed off, “I read about you in a museum.”