16

Ever wakes in Natasha’s arms, her red hair thrown up in a bun, and Natasha’s blonde hair tickling her arm.

    Evergreen looks around, seeing a clock that read ‘12:57 pm’ in big blue numbers. She sighs and rolls out of Natasha’s loose grip.

    Her bare feet are silent on the floors as she waddles into the kitchen. No else seems to be awake so Ever starts a pot of coffee and grabs a pack of cigarettes from the ‘junk drawer’ as they call it. It’s literally a drawer full of random crap.

    Once the coffee is done, Ever grabs the whole pot and walks out to the balcony. She takes up residence on a chair and takes a sip from the pot. It’s a bit hot, but not too bad.

    She pulls out a cigarette and lights it with her fingers. Taking a drag, she sets the coffee pot on the table and closes her eyes, enjoying the warm sun on her skin, a nice contrast to the cool breeze.

    There is a loud bang behind her and she jumps up. Tony sits on the kitchen floor with his head in his hands.

    Evergreen chuckles, shaking her head and going inside.

    “You okay?”

    “Shh!” Tony whisper yells, “Not so damn loud.” Ever just grins and sets the coffee pot down next to him. He shakes his head and takes the cigarette from her fingers.

    He takes a long, slow drag before handing it back and blowing smoke out of his nose, “Marlboro 100’s... Black, nice.” He nods and Ever fights back the urge to make some dumb comment, knowing just how bad hangovers are.

    Things go back to being quiet as Tony lays on the couch with his arm over his eyes.

    The next to come down is Natasha and Clint, who looks pretty bad. Natasha shakes her head at Tony and grabs the coffee pot, pouring herself and Clint a cup.

    One by one everyone trickles down, until finally Bucky shows up.

    “What happened last night?” He groans, rubbing his face.

    “Anytime Tony said a cuss word, you, Steve, and Sam took a shot. Anytime you or Steve mentioned the war, government, or something that has to do with patriotism, Clint and Tony took a shot,” Ever explains as she looks up from her book.

    “Mmm,” Buck grabs a cup of coffee and lays next to her on the couch, his head resting in her lap.

<>

    “What the hell is that?” Tony raises his eyebrows from behind his sunglasses. Evergreen smirks.

    “I have no clue what you’re talking about, Stark,” Ever opens the fridge and looks around for a second, before choosing an apple.

    “Oh, that’s cute,” You can hear Tony rolling his eyes, “I’m talking about that thing hanging from your nose.” A small silver ring hangs from her nose.

    “Oh this,” Ever turns and wiggles her nose, sending pain up the bridge of it, “It’s a piercing, and it’s staying.” She takes a bite of her apple, causing a satisfying crunch sound to echo in the kitchen.

    “Hmm, let’s see what Cap thinks, shall we?” Evergreen visibly pales, knowing she is probably going to get a lecture. While Tony seeks out the Star Spangled Banner, Evergreen runs to hide on Bucky’s balcony.

    She takes out a cigarette, thanking whatever higher power there is that Buck is in the gym.

    “Miss Evergreen,” FRIDAY’s cool voice sounds around her, “Mr. Stark is on his way up right now.”