21

“Bucky Bear!” Evergreen throws herself into the brunettes arms, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, immediately giving tiny kisses all over his face, “I've-- missed you!” She mutters out between kisses.

    Buck chuckles, “I've missed you to, Buttercup.” He wraps his arms around her, burying his face in her hair.

    “Where's my hello?” Steve chuckles from behind the couple. He went with Bucky to Wakanda.

    “How could I forget about you?” Ever untangles herself from Bucky and hugs Steve. Jumping up to peck him on the cheek.

    “How's it been, kiddo?” Steve sets her down and grabs the bags.

    “Good. Everything is decorated but the tree, which we are doing all together on Christmas Eve,” Ever explains as they walk back inside from the cold. “Which is tomorrow.”

    “So, how much snow have you guys gotten?” Steve smirks as Ever’s eyes light up, making Bucky's heart melt.

    “We've gotten so much,” The freckled girl gushes, “Wanda and I went out in it yesterday and she used her magic to make it all freeze in mid air. It was so cool.” Bucky laces his fingers through Ever’s, making her smile.

    “Also, I already got your presents, so don't try to tell me no,” Bucky’s hand drops to his side as Ever lets go to do a small spin.

    “Why are you so cheery?” Bucky squints at her. She is never like this. She doesn't dance. Not anymore.

    “Its my first Christmas,” Ever blushes, thinking she was getting to excited, “I'm just happy, that's all.”

    “Well,” Bucky grabs her hand again, kissing her temple, “If your happy, im happy.”

<><><><><>

    “So,” Bucky is laying on top of Ever’s back. Literally like on top of her.  They are on the couch in the living room, “A couple of us are going into the city later if you want to come to. Some last minute shopping.”

    “Okay, yeah,” Evergreen sighs. Bucky buries his face in her neck, taking in the smell of cinnamon and ginger bread. Her and Wanda were cooking earlier.

    “How was it while I was gone?” The brunette mumbles into her skin, causing goosebumps to pop up on her arms.

    “Boring,” Evergreen wiggles a bit and flips over, so Bucky's head is rest on her breasts, his arms around her waist, his eyes closed.

    One of Ever’s hands plays with a strand of his hair, the other drawing shapes on his back, one of her legs wrapped around him, the other laying in between his.

    “How was Wakanda?” Buck once told her all about the city and the trees. Her imagination couldn't even make up a picture with how highly he praised.

    “Good,” Bucky nods, his stubble scraping against Ever’s chest, “It was a bit rainy though.”

    “How’s everything in here?” Ever taps the side of Bucky’s head. Her green eyes trailing over him.

    “Let's not talk about the right now,” Bucky's arms tighten around Evergreen’s waist as his buries his face in her breasts.

    “Okay,” The redhead nods and runs her fingers through Bucky's hair, “We don't have to.”

    “Thank you,” Bucky's voice is barely a whisper as he plants a kiss on Ever’s collar bone.

    The green eyed girl smiles softly, pressing a soft kiss on the top of his head, “Its okay, Buck. I'm here now.” Small tears slip out of the side of Bucky's eyes.

    He isn't any better. Yes it's easier for him to break the hold whenever the Soldier comes out, but he’s still there.

<><><><><>

    “So, what are you getting Bucky?” Natasha, Wanda, and Ever broke away from the group to go shopping for some last minute gifts.

    “I got him a few things,” Ever starts blushing profusely, “Some little… little things and uh-” Wanda's grin cuts Ever off.

    “Your going to sleep with him!” She squeals. Evergreen smiles at the ground.

    “N-No…. I'm not- No-” Ever stampers.

    “Oh just admit it,” Nat rolls her eyes. A smirk playing at her lips.

    “I just-I don't know… I guess I just want it to be special,” Ever’s face is bright red as she walks around a case full of expensive looking watches, “It's not like we both haven't had sex with other people, it's… its just that I don't know if he- ya know…”

    “Wants you?” Natasha raises an eyebrow as she looks up from the necklace in her hands.

    “Trust me,” Wanda roll her eyes, “I've been in his head. He wants you.” Wanda shudders in disgust, making Evergreen giggle.

    “Ladies!” Tony yells from the entrance of the store, attracting a lot of attention, “Lets go. I have someone flying in and we have to get back before they get home.” The girls share glances of confusion before following closely behind the short man.