27

"... if you corner a lion, it will do whatever it take to survive..."

“We got a hit,” Barton throws a file on the table in the conference room.

After months of searching, they came up empty handed, until now.

“It’s been 10 months, why would she randomly show up again?” Steve questions, watching the leafs fall outside the window, “And why in Nepal?”

“We don't know, but were flying out to get her tomorrow,” Natasha answers cooly. Five months after she disappeared, they got the footage back and realised she was being controlled.

“That’s where she fell,” Bucky lifts his head, his eyebrows furrowed. And boy does he look like shit.

The bags under his eyes are deep and purple, his usual scruff has become a full beard, and his hair looks like shit, “When she fell from Asgard, that where she was found.”

“Why would she go back there?” Wanda tilts her head.

“To remember,” Bucky’s eyes look lost before he snaps back, “If she feels threatened, she’ll run.”

“That's why only a few of us approach her. Ask what happened,” Steve’s voice is gentle, “Try to figure out what's going on.”

“Okay, good, plan, but I don’t have a good feeling about it,” Tony’s voice is blank as he instinctively grabs his left arm, “Like, at all. Not one bit.”

“We’re going, Stark,” Sam growls out. He blames himself. He shouldn’t have left her home alone.

<><><><><><>
this is short but im double uploading. it's for the suspense.