26

It’s now February and Evergreen is bored. Like, completely and utterly bored.

It’s been a week and Bucky is still gone in Wakanda, even though she is pissed at him, she still misses him. He decided it’d be best if Steve went with. Tony and Rhodes are gone on a mission. Clint is at the farm. Wanda and Vision went out a couple days ago for a ‘getaway’ trip. Sam and Natasha are tracking someone down.

Evergreen hates being alone in the base. Well, not alone, because there are agents on the lower floors, but you get it. She doesn’t want to go to the city because there's nothing to do, and Peter is to busy for her.

The redhead lays on the couch in her room, staring into the trees. Until a loud alarm sounds, piercing her ears.

“FRIDAY?” Ever slams her hands over her ears, screwing her eyes shut, “What’s going on?”

“It seems someone is hacking into our systems, Miss,” FRIDAY’s’ cool voice responds.

“Well,” Ever pauses, “Stop them!” Evergreen curls in on herself, trying to block out the noise.

“I’m trying, Miss, but-” FRIDAY’s voice is cut off with the alarms. The top floors of the base go silent and Ever starts to panic before her fighting mode kicks in.

Evergreen grabs the gun from under her pillow and starts towards her door.

“My Little Lightning Bolt,” Evergreen freezes at the voice booming from the speakers. The voice of a monster, “How I’ve missed you.”

Tear’s spring in Ever’s eyes. The voice belongs to a women, but it’s older than Ever remembers. But it still has that sickly sweet undertone. The kind you know better than to trust.

Ever holds her guns up higher, pulling energy from the walls, “What do you want?”

Her voice trembles as she walks down the hall.

“I’m getting old, My Lightning Bolt, so I want to see you one last time,” The voice pauses, “I’ve always liked Little Lightning Bolt better than Little Warrior. Because you’re lightning will always belong to me, meaning so will you.”

The voice taunts her.

Evergreen’s breath quickens as she turns the safety off, turning a corner, her eyes quickly scan the stairs.

“Lightning Bolt, I’ll miss you when I’m gone,” Evergreen growls, tears spilling over her eyes.

“Stop playing games and get to the point,” Ever’s voice isn’t her own. It’s dark and cool, hiding any emotion but still letting this bitch know not to fuck around.

“Oh, my Lightning Bolt,” The voice mocks, “Don’t you know? You are weapon. And weapons don’t weep. семь.” (*seven*)

Evergreen stops. Her body involuntarily freezing.

“No,” Her voice is a whisper as she closes her eyes.

“ломать,” (*break*) The words ring in Ever’s ears. Triggering something- more like someone- buried deep inside her, “шок.” (*shock*).

“Please,” Ever begs, “Please, don’t do this.”

“потерял,” (*lost*) Ever falls on her knees, her gun clattering on the floor, a small scream falling from her lips, “Королевство.” (*kingdom*)

“Stop!” Evergreen screams out, tears streaming down her face as she stares up into the camera, “Please stop!”

“Огонь,” (*fire*) Ever’s body constricts on itself, forcing her into the fetal position, “вранье.” (*lies*)

Evergreen screams, shoving her hands into her hair and pulling.

“принцесса,” (*princess*) Ever’s body goes slack as she lays on the floor, something bad crawling from the depths of her mind, “пьяный.” (*drunk*)

Ever’s face become blank as
tears fall slowly from her vacant eyes.

“мост,” (*bridge*). The Warrior slowly stands, rolling it’s muscles and cracking it’s neck, “Удар молнии?” (*Lightning Bolt?*)

“Каковы мои заказы?” (*what are my orders*) The Warrior’s voice is void of emotions, her eyes blank, her posture a bit to stiff.

“Come home,” The Women’s voice is soft, but there is a hint of command behind it.

“Yes, my Lady,” The Warrior nods.

<><><><><>

“Cap, we gotta Ever situation,” Sam’s voice spits into the phone. Sam and Nat came home three days later -their tip was a fake- finding the upper levels of the building empty.

“What do you mean?” Steve’s eyebrows furrow in worry as he glances at Bucky, who is being examined.

“She and over half of the artillery are gone, including her suit and a quinjet,” Sam paces around the conference room, “No note, nothing. She just vanished.”

“Okay, call Tony and try to pull up the security footage, try to keep the situation quiet. Don’t want to many people worried,” Steve lists.

“You got it, Cap,” Sam starts towards the security rooms, “And dude, don’t tell Barnes. He’ll make it a big deal.”

“Got it,” With that, the line goes dead.

<><><><><>

“Bird boy! Just the man I was going to call,” Tony’s voice flows through Sam’s speakers, “Our tip was a fake, and we are coming back earl-”

“Yeah, yeah that’s great,” Sam interrupts, “Ever is missing, so is one of the quinjets. I tried to check the feeds but the cameras shut off when she walked into the living room with her gun up. She disabled the tracker on the quinjet and in her phone.”

Tony immediately goes into Dad mode, “Was there any audio?” Tony begins rapidly typing on his phone and gets a plane ready.

“Yeah, but it cut out after the alarms went off,” Sam begins pulling on his suit, he can cover more ground if he flies around looking for her, “Someone was hacking into the system.”

“That’s impossible,” Tony rolls his eyes, “I designed it, you have to have a very specific code to get in.”

“Well, it looks like someone got in,” Sam growls and takes to the skies, “I’m going to look for her. I’ll call if anything changes.”

“I’ll get Barton and Romanoff on it,” Tony hangs up and starts sending out messages and checking traffic cams.