Chapter 18

Kenzie's pOv

She was talking to brynn. Two of the people who used to be so important in my life. key word. *used to be*.

It was Annie. Annie Leblanc.

I haven't seen her in over 2 years. I quickly sat down and waiting for johnny to get here since he had texted me saying he was gonna come and meet me here. They stopped talking and I looked up and they were staring straight at me. Brynn gave me a sad small smile, while annie had a blank face on.

FLASHBACK

I used to have someone very important in my life, let's just say he made my time at dance moms a lot easier. Then he met annie, and annie was one of my best friends, they started flirting with each other and hanging out a lot more. So he cheated on me with annie, I found them kissing since at the time he was 15 and she was 14.

So I ended the friendship and I went to brynns house and was super upset and emotionally broken and then she had a guilty look on her face and she told me she knew all about it. That's when I knew who the fake people in my life were.

FLASHBACK OVER

Something even worse then I expected happened. HE showed up. He kissed her on the cheek and sat down next to her. I was in shock, I haven't seen him in 2 years. Im over it all, I love johnny so unbelievably much. I look away and look at my phone but in the corner of my eye I see him look at me In shock too.

I had been on my phone for 5 minutes not knowing what to do they kept looking at me. I looked up and saw johnny walking towards me. I sat up and hugged him he then kissed me quickly and said "sorry i'm late, our family friends were not that quick to leave so I had to stay" I smile genuinely and say "it's perfectly okay i'm glad we got to hangout today"

Everyone at the table next to me stared In shock, what did they think I wouldn't get over that jerk? it's been 2 years they need to grow up.

Johnny looks at me and says "wanna see a movie" and I say "sure" and grab his hand to leave but before I do I decide to do something which I probably will regret but I feel like I need to.

I look at the table, there still looking and I look over at brynn and say "Brynn it was nice seeing you, we should catch up sometime" she smiles and says "you too kenz. I miss you let's hangout soon" I nod and walk back to johnny and we get into the car.

As were getting in he asks me, "what happened, you seemed upset" and just stare and say "bumping into old friends." he looks confused and says "bumping into old friends is supposed to be a good thing? Right?"

"it would have been if it was different people" I respond with

before he gets the chance to say something I quickly say "very long story, I will tell you later"

Then we go to the movies and I have a great day not even worrying about them.