In his arms

Damein POV

As the person entered in my office, my blood boiled at his sight, he was my birth giver and I hate that man to the core.

I saw him glancing at Vanessa from the corner of his eye, he was inspecting her. Like hell I would let it happen!

"Leave and we will discuss it later." I voiced it curtly and professionally.

She eyed me still  little spectical with my behavior, but nodded and left.

Obviously I am her boss, she had to. I wouldn't put it past me if she defied me. Afterall these games were partaking me to my goal.

After she left I asked my farther father, "what is your problem? What do you want? Just get out of my building now?"

I moved towards the window , before he could say a word, I stopped him by raising my hand showing my back to him and he left.

"Not so smooth son, you don't want to me disclose your secret to her, do you?" He mocked smugly.

"Well, but I could certainly put you behind the bars if you are so desperately dying for it!" I snapped and that shut his mouth instantly for good.

"Oh my, not father, father, you don't think I am that clueless boy of 5 years old, right?" I gritted out with menace dripping from each letter.

"Get out before I loose my mind completely and sell you out to those bastards who are searching for you" I motioned my finger towards the exit, my tone implying the non sense of humor.

His eyes widened and he momentarily flinched. He strode out before warning me, "Don't do something to put a dent on the plan or I would personally make sure you don't get to see her ever!"

"The nerve of this man" I roared and threw everything off my table the next second.

Vanessa POV

When I saw his expression being changed from carefree to stone cold, I was first flummoxed by it, but one look at the person who was standing in front of me and I grasp something was bothering Damein.

I heard him but my mind was elsewhere "leave and......."

I nodded and left quietly not wanting him to chew me out.

When I entered my cabin, my mind drifted back to what transpired between him and me just a few moments ago. How in seconds it happened and then it was gone. I came back to reality with the thud and saw the person came out from his office with a daunting expression of on his face.

I heard him yelling at the man and I knew, his mood was ruined and it was bothering me I don't even know why?

I decided to do something that might take his mind off from the bothersome events of today.

I hastily walked into the pantry made a coffee for him with drawing a smile on the top of it. After doing as my crazy heart desires I knocked on the door twice, but he didn't reply so I opened it and there he was standing by the window facing outside.

I made my way towards him and put my hand on his shoulders to gain his attention.

He suddenly turned and I swear there were dry tears sticking on his face, he moved out of my way to the end of his cabin. It hurt to see him like this. I looked around and gasped when my eyes fell on the broken things and his cleared table.

He asked me with nonchalance, "what are you doing here?"

His voice was harsh which made me worried  even more than I was. Now my idea seemed almost foolish to me, "What if he got angry at me?"

I hesitantly brought my cup in front of his eyes and feebly whispered, "Coffee for you, boss".

He remains motionless for a while looking at me straight in the eyes, and the more the silence dragged, the more I wanted to dig a hole for myself and die. He is going to eat me alive!

Maybe, I should run. I was engrossed in my own bubble to espy that the coffee has been taken away from me.

when I glanced at him, the visible twitch of his lips after observing I did for him, didn't go unnoticed by me.

His face lit up with a not so smiley smile, which brought a smile at my face also, but it quickly vanished, when he took a step towards me.

His face was nearly touching my face, I could feel his breathing , I was barely able to control myself, when suddenly he kept the coffee aside and hugged me tightly, taking all the air from my lungs.

I tensed at the sudden contact and he made soothing circles on my back for making me relaxed after a while. We stood there like that for some time when I realised what I was doing and embarassment flooded my face.

He brought his face near my earlobe and licked it, sending shivers down my spine. It felt so good, I was melting in his arms and before I could stop my mind, my hand already clutched around his shirt on back. I could smell his Cologne, it was marvelous. We stay like that till his phone vibrated in his pocket making us apart from each other and I knew I was screwed.

I hurried out from his cabin without giving him a chance to talk and avoiding any further awkward conversations not before commanding him, "Drink your coffee and get your table cleaned up".

When it came to me what I did back there, I nearly peed in my pants. I am so going to be dead at this rate.

Hey guys
Do you like the chapter , vote comment and like
Stay connected for more updates