Chapter 9: The nice man

(Cry POV)

I am here on my bed right now, locked up for about 7 hours, I haven't even eaten lunch yet. I feel like I can't breathe. I feel like my world stopped. I feel like Princess is mad at me right now for failing to protect her. The thought made me sob again.

"I am sorry Princess!!" I haven't had the energy to eat, to stand, to talk or to do anything.

Anyway, I just texted Nina to pick up the twins and walk them home. After a while, someone knocked on the bedroom door.

"Who is it?"

"It's us." Kingly said behind the door.

I sighed before opening the door.

"Hey there, you two!!" I chuckled as I hugged both twins and then I saw Nina from behind.

"Thanks for walking them here!" I said

"No problem, they are like my siblings already and they have been angels all day." She said.

"Anyway, I still need to check my students' tests so I better go now." She added as she walked away to exit the house

"Got it, thanks!!"

Queenie looked at me in confusion. "What are you doing here so early?"

"Well, let's just say, I am not feeling well so I have decided to not go to school for a week." I said.

"Really?" The twins said in unison.

"Yeah, so that means after your school tomorrow, we can do grocery shopping for Kingly's Boston Cream Pie."

"Yay!"

"Can I help in making the pastry cream?" Queenie said

"Of course, sweetie! Kingly can help me make the batter."

I am kind of excited that I decided to not go to school for the whole week. I really need a break after what happened, and there are barely any quizzes or tests this week so I think I shall be good. If I miss any discussion, I am pretty sure I can catch up. I am not sure if I should re-paint those broken paintings because I do not want to paint them in this state of mind. I painted most of them out of joy and happiness and if I re-paint those again, the feeling will not be the same. I want my emotion to resonate with my paintings.

God, what am I going to do? My paintings were left in the exhibit? Did they throw it out? I need to know. I dialed Ms. Maxwell's number and called her.

"Hello, Ms. Maxwell"

"Hey, Cry! How are you feeling?"

"Um...not so good, would you happen to know about my broken paintings?"

"Um...unfortunately, the paintings are too damaged to be fixed, dear. However, we did not throw it away because I know how much those meant to you but I do have one good news for you. I have smaller image replicas of all my students' paintings, including yours and I figured that it could be an adequate replacement of those broken ones. I hope that helped."

I breathed a sigh of relief. I guess that'll do.

"I guess it somehow did. Thanks, ma'am."

"No problem, See you when I see you."

"Same here." I replied.

That somehow managed to appease me a bit.

-------

Right now, I am grocery shopping along with the twins. We almost had all of the ingredients, except for one, the vanilla extract.

"Queenie, could you get a Madagascar vanilla extract in Aisle 4?"

"Sure." She said as she ran to the 4th aisle of the grocery. We waited for her for about 2 minutes, until she returned with the vanilla extract bottle on her hands.

"I couldn't reach it so a nice man has reached it for me." She giggled. "Wow, well, you should have thanked him."

"I did and his name is Leon!"

What?! No, it can't be him!! Is it? I have to find out. I peeked through Aisle 4 and lo and behold, it is him. He was also doing a grocery shopping with a checklist on his hands. Wow, I can never imagine Leon doing grocery shopping. Okay, enough with these foolish thoughts. I ran to my twins with the cart.

"Come on, we have everything. Let's take all these to the counter." I said before running to the cashier.

-----

After a long time of encoding the prices of all of our materials, the lady finally said the overall price.

"18 dollars and 25 cents sir." I handed her 20 dollars and told her to keep the change. She put it all in a plastic bag, and as I was about to take it, a hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Cry?"

I turned around and made eye contact with the brown eyes I have been dreading to see.

"Leon?"

"Cry, I am so glad to see you." He tried to come near me but I stepped back. I took the shopping bag over my shoulder and held my twins' hands

"Cry, he is the nice man I was talking about." Queenie said.

"Let's go, twins!" I said as I turned around to walk away from him. I can feel him following me and I murmured something to the twins.

"Do you remember what I told you guys if a bad guy keeps following you?"

"Run and never look back!"

"In a count of three, 1, 2...3!!" I said as we exited the grocery shop and we ran while holding each other's hands. Soon enough, the twins let go of my hand and ran ahead of me.

"Run!! I am right behind you!!" I said.

"Cry, Wait!" Leon yelled and unfortunately, he caught me by my waist.

"Stop it!! Let go!" I screamed. I looked at the twins who both stopped to look at us.

"Cry, please just hear me out!!!" Leon said as his arms were gripped around my waist and I am trying to break free of it.

"No!" I yelled. "Please, I just need to tell you something, please just hear me out, Cry." He said. I was still trying to break free when the weirdest thing happened.

He turned me around and cupped both of my cheeks and kissed me.