Chapter 10: Damage has been done

(Cry POV)

He is kissing me. Leon Gonzales, the school's hottest and smartest jock, the football team captain is kissing me and the strangest part is that I responded.

He licked my bottom lip and I opened my mouth, granting him entrance. His tongue invaded my mouth and I moaned in satisfaction. I was savoring the moment until I had a sense of realization. I am standing along the sidewalk with the twins in front of me, watching us right now.

I pulled away and pushed him back which caused him to stumble a little. I wiped my mouth and glanced at the twins who were both covering their eyes, with their hands.

"Are you done now?" Queenie asked.

"Yeah, we're done, sweet pea." Leon responded and I glared at him. The twins removed their hands and looked at both of us.

"So are you like...boyfriends?!" Kingly asked with curious eyes.

Before I could answer, Leon puts his arm around my shoulder and pecked my cheek.

"Yes, we are buddy!!"

This guy is out of his mind.

"Do you play football?" Kingly asked excitedly. Alright, just so you know, Kingly loves football. In fact, he used to play with Dad back in the day when he was still alive. I always wanted to play with him but he doesn't want me to because according to him, "I suck at football", which is quite true to be honest.

"Yes, I do buddy! Actually, I am the team captain of our football team in Red Archers!" Leon said as he kneels down so he is face to face with Kingly.

"Whoa!! Would you play football with me?"

"Sure thing, buddy!! But not today, because your brother and I have something to talk about."

What the hell is this about? Then suddenly, Leon turned to me and asked me if I would like to go to the park with him, along with my twins. I wanted to say no but the twins has agreed on it already, so I have no choice.

I sighed before reluctantly agreeing.

-----

Leon and I are sitting on the bench, and we're not even talking to each other, while Kingly and Queenie are busy playing with see-saw and monkey bars.

"They're cute! What are their names?" Leon asked.

"Queenie and Kingly" I said in a stoic expression, without looking at him. Leon chuckled.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something." Leon said. He said that for like ten times already and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Cry, I am deeply and terribly sorry for what I did to your paintings. I am such an idiot and I should have known better." He said in a vulnerable voice. I can tell he's sorry but that's not enough. I can't forgive him just like that.

"Apology not accepted, your sorry won't fix the paintings that are very valuable to me."

"Look, I know I have been a jerk, dick, asshole to you but I did it all for a reason."

"Let me guess. To maintain that cool and popular 'bad boy' reputation of yours?"

"Um...it's more complicated than that actually."

"Because I'm a faggot?"

"No, it's because..."

"SPIT IT OUT, GODDAMN IT!!" I whisper-yelled and glared at him.

"I LIKE YOU!!" My eyes widened and jaw dropped. Okay, now this must be a sick joke!! I am not going to fall for this!! I am smarter than this!!

"You know what? I think I am just wasting my time here, I am just going to take my twins home with me." I was about to stand up until he grabbed me by my wrist and made me sit down. I don't really know why people mess with me all the time. I don't really know why they inflict pain upon me. Isn't that enough? Isn't ruining my paintings enough to hurt me? And now, he's going to say that he likes me, which is probably just a prank, for him to see how far I will fall for it. This situation makes absolutely no sense at all. Why is he doing this to me? I suddenly felt tears streaming down my cheeks.