Chapter 12: Why do you have to do that?

(Leon POV)

I just finished taking a shower in the locker room and right now, my friends and I are conversing about what happened back there in the restaurant.

"Dude, he destroyed you as hell! Why did you let that happen?" Greg asked, referring to how Cry humiliated me.

"I deserved it though, I have been such an asshole to him so I let him did that." I said while wrapping the towel around my waist.

Greg then wrapped his arm around me.

"Look, man! I don't mean to kill your hope but after everything we've done to him, I highly doubt he's going to let you off the hook that easy."

"You think so?"

"I know so. It's pretty obvious." He responded.

"The thing is I still want to try though. I want to do sweet things for him." I said.

"Bringing him in a restaurant against his will did not sit well with him though."

"Okay, I might have gone too far there but I don't really know how to court someone. I mean, I hook up and flirt with girls but I have never courted them before. I am not going to be the type to send him flowers or chocolates, that's too cheesy!" I stated.

"You have to think about Cry's likes and interests! What would make him excited or happy?" He said.

His likes and interests? Oh boy, I think he just gave me an idea.

"That's it! That's exactly what I am going to do. Thanks, brother!" I said.

I actually felt relieved when I came out to my friends. I never thought they would be open minded about this. They still treated me the same. Above all, they are helping me make it up to Cry. I guess coming out is not as bad as I think it's going to be.

----

(Cry POV)

Today, we are going to have our pop quiz and frankly, pop quizzes never really intimidated me because I always do my advance reading so it's just a matter of stock knowledge for me.

First up on the chopping block is...Mr. Leon Gonzales.

"Fuck!" He whispered so loud, everyone heard it.

"You can curse all you want, Mr. Gonzales! You're still going to have to answer the question." She said, which made everyone chuckle.

I smirked in satisfaction.

"Can you tell us the difference between libel and slander?"

"Libel is a form of defamation with a use of writing, or any element of broadcasting involved, whereas Slander is a defamation committed by means of verbal action"

Pssh, anybody can answer that.

"Good, now for the final question, what is the common ground between the two?" She asked.

"Um...both are intended to damage one's reputation." He responded.

"Good answer, but not the best one!" She said.

"Does anybody know the correct answer for that?"

I quickly raised my hand to put the poor guy out of his misery.

"Mr. Svenson!" She said before I stood up to answer the question.

"Slander and Libel are both communicated publicly."

"Very good! Because you're the one who answered his question, what grade do you think Leon deserves, Cry?" She asked. All of a sudden, all eyes are turned towards me.

I glanced at Leon to see him with a nervous look on his face.

"Ma'am, he's only able to answer half of the question so I think he deserves a half of the grade." I said courageously.

"I couldn't agree more, C-!" She said.

Leon was looking at me, but not with anger. It was more of a "Why do you have to do that?" expression.

I shrugged my shoulder at him and smiled. Damn, this is getting a little fun, now.