Chapter 15: What are you doing here?

(Leon POV)

Everything's going quite well ever since. Cry has to see me more often because his little brother, Kingly always makes him call me so he will be able to play football with me during the weekends.

Thanks to Kingly, I am getting closer to Cry. I am making it up to him slowly but surely.

Speaking of Cry, I haven't seen him for 3 days. I don't know why. At first, I thought maybe he was just absent because he has a fever or something, but now, it's been three days. I'm starting to worry. Class has ended and I spotted Dana along the corridor.

"Hey Dana!" I greeted.

"Leon, not now!" She said in a distraught tone. I saw her retrieve some stuff from Cry's locker which caused me to be more worried and curious of what happened.

She then hurried outside the school building while I decided to follow her sneakily. She made her way towards her car and put Cry's belongings on the front seat. Suddenly, her phone started ringing.

"Hey, mom!" She said.

"I'm fine. Listen! I might not be able to go home tonight because Cry's sick and no one's with him so I have to take care of my friend for a while. I'll go home really quickly just to fetch some clothes and then I'll go straight to his house afterwards." She said.

My eyes widened. He's sick. Why didn't she tell me?

Dana then hung up and I confronted her without hesitation.

"Dana! Cry is sick? Why would you hide that from me?" I lashed out.

"Wow! As far as I remember, you are his bully, not his boyfriend. Why would you need to know how he is?" She rebutted.

"Dana! Can't you see? I am trying best to court Cry so I definitely need every chance I get to prove to him that I have changed." I said.

"Cut the shit! I have no time for this. I still have a friend to take care of!"

"Dana, let me take care of him!" I said, blocking her way.

"Step aside!" She screamed.

"No, let me do this for him." I insisted. "I promise you, you won't regret it, Dana!"

"Leon, I swear, if you try anything or do something that will hurt him, I will shove my foot..."

"I swear to God, I won't! Just trust me on this!" I said.

-----

(Cry POV)

The twins have their camping trip today, and mom went with them since there is a requirement of one guardian. That means, I am the only one left in the house.

Mom was very hesitant in leaving me all by myself but I insisted it's going to be okay since it was just a mild cough. Little did I know, it was about to get worse. I asked Dana to just retrieve my books from my locker so I can at least study for the upcoming lessons but being a good friend that she is, she insisted to take care of me.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. That was fast!

"Dana, I..." I said as I opened the door but I immediately shut my mouth when I saw who it was.

"Hi Cry!" Leon said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I asked Dana if I can take care of you instead." He said.

"I'm fine!" I told him before coughing loudly.

"You're obviously not! Come on, let me do this for you! I want to be here for you."

He's so stubborn. Not wanting to stand up any longer, I just gave in and let him in.

"You're not using your crutches anymore, I see." He said before closing the door.

"Yeah but as you can see, my ankle still has a bandage around it. It still stings quite a bit when I walk."

"I see! Well, do you want to eat? I bought Chinese food for us."

"You really are an asshole, you know!"

"What'd I do?" Leon asked.

"Are you kidding me? You can't just use my family's fondness of you into thinking that everything is okay already between us! The reality is you're still the dick who ruined my paintings." I said. I didn't even realize that I was already hitting him with my cane in anger and frustration.

"Ow." Leon is backing away in pain. "Cry, stop!"

"I hate you! I fucking hate you Leon!!!" I was already crying. Images of him bullying me came popping into my mind.

Leon fell on the floor and he did his best to shield himself from my cane.

"Take that!"

"Cry, stop, it hurts!"

He then grabbed my cane forcefully and snatched it away. He stood up and tried to come near me but I kept pushing him away.

"Get out! I don't want you." I said. Leon pulled me into his muscular arms and cuddled me to his chest.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Leon said.

I melted in his embrace and my cries slowly turned silent as he kept comforting me.

"I...I...I" I hiccupped.

"I am hungry." I said.