Chapter 14: If you only know the whole story

(Leon POV)

It was almost 5:30 when the football practice for the championships ended. After the practice, I took a shower and dressed up before exiting the school grounds. I made my way towards the car, and I started driving home.

As I was driving, I saw something in the corner of the sidewalk. It is a hooded man with his arm wrapped around the lady and his pocket knife placed on her neck.

The lady was crying.

SHIT!! Should I do something? Of course, I should. I parked my car a little bit far from the corner. I grabbed the gun that Dad gave me and went out of the car. I tried to walk towards the direction of the crime, steadily and carefully. I reached the area and I can hear their conversation.

"Please, don't do this, these money are for my children." The lady cried.

"I don't fucking care, I am doing this for my kid too, so give me the fucking bag."

So all this asshole wants is a fucking money. Fine! I grabbed my wallet and took all my thousand dollar bills out.

"Get away from her!" I screamed as I pointed my gun at him.

"You want money right? Here you go!" I said as I threw it all to him. He stepped back from the lady and took all the bills from the floor. Afterwards, he ran as fast as he could.

The lady looked at me fearfully but gave me a weak smile.

"Thank you, son!" She said.

"You're welcome, ma'am. Would you want me to give you a lift?" I said pointing to my car.

"Yes, thank you."

I ushered her to my car and opened the passenger seat for her. Afterwards, I went in to the driving seat and buckled my seatbelt and I asked for directions of her house.

After about 7 minutes, we finally arrived.

"Thank you so much, again. There's no way I can ever repay you for what happened. If it weren't for you, I probably would be dead now." She said.

"I am always happy to help, ma'am."

"Come, I'll make you some tea just to show my appreciation. We also have Boston Cream pie that my son made." She claimed before hopping off the car.

Mmmm, sounds good to me.

"Sure, ma'am." I turned off the engine and I followed her inside.

Her home is small but it looks really adorable. When we went inside, it looks like a vintage cozy and a comfortable house. There are yellow lights, and floral designs on the wall paper, small television and red velvet couch. The kitchen and dining room are in the same area. The utensils are wooden as well as the chairs and table. The plates are orderly arranged. It's simple but I really like it. If you would ask me, I want to experience living in a house like this as well. Nothing fancy but everything you need is in here already.

"What's your name, son?" The lady said as she prepares tea and slices a piece of Boston cream pie.

"Leon Gonzales, ma'am. What's yours?"

"Cree Svenson"

My eyes widened with what I heard. Is she related to Cry? I was trying to figure things out when I heard a voice.

"Mom?"

"Yeah, I am home, sweetie!!"

Someone went down the stairs and went to the kitchen. My theory is correct. I suddenly made eye contact with Crayon Svenson.

-----

(Cry POV)

I went down in my crutches to see my mom only to find her with Leon. What the hell? Is he serious right now?

"Mom, what is he doing here?" I asked in an unwelcoming tone.

"Hey now, Cry! Don't be rude! He saved my life and...wait! You two know each other?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am! We are actually classmates!" Leon said.

"Oh wow! Really?" Mom exclaimed.

"Mom, what the hell happened?" I butted in, trying to divert the topic away from the current one.

"Oh, a man was trying to rob me and Leon here, has managed to scare him away." She said.

I was shocked and dumbfounded. I was frozen for a while before I rushed towards her.

"Mom, please try to be careful next time. Have someone accompany you while going home." I said.

"I know, son! I promise I'll be more careful. How's your leg by the way?" She asked.

"It's getting better!" I answered.

"Cry, I hope you're following what the nurse had advised you." Leon commented.

"Huh?"

"Ice, compression, lifting and rest!" He said.

"You don't have to remind me, I know that!" I said.

"Cry, how come he knows that? Was he with you when you were with the nurse?" Mom asked.

"Yes, I was actually the one who brought him to the clinic!"

"Really? Cry, you didn't tell me how much of a hero he is!" Mom said and I raised my brow in annoyance.

"If only you know the whole story..." I whispered.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Nothing!"

After boiling the kettle, mom finally poured Leon a cup of tea and sliced him a Boston cream pie. She handed it to Leon before leaving the two of us to talk in the dining room. Leon was digging in while I was just staring into space. It was awkward. Silence completely fills the room.

"It's good! You made this?" He asked.

"I did!" I said.

"Wow! You're so talented. You excel in everything you do." He complimented.

"Thanks...I guess!"

Leon was just eating while I was just staring at him. He really is more handsome up close. It's just a shame that he is a jerk. However, he still saved my mom.

"Leon?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you!" I said.

"You're welcome."

After finishing his snack, Leon was about to leave when the twins came in the living room.

"LEON!" My twins rushed to him and hugged his legs.

"Hey there!" He said before ruffling their heads. I smiled at their jolly behavior.

"Leon, let's play football please! Please!" Kingly begged while Leon looked back at me, as if he was asking if it's okay.

I nodded my head at him.

"Sure thing, bud!" He said as they rushed to the backyard.

Great! Now, every single one of my family members is fond of him. I can't just forget about everything he did though. Will I let him get away that easy? I sighed in a distressed manner.

Why do I have to be placed in this kind of predicament?