Chapter 13: Shall I drop you home?

(Cry POV)

I was the one assigned to close up the art exhibit again so I have to go home late. Great! After locking the doors, I immediately went up to put the keys in the janitor's closet but it's locked already.

Well, I guess I could keep the keys for a while. I was busy putting the keys inside my tiny pocket that I didn't notice that the next step I was about to take was the stairs. I ended up falling down the stairs and I then felt a stinging sharp pain around my ankle.

"Ow!" I whined. I can't stand without hurting myself.

How can I get any help if no one's here? I was about to cry when I heard footsteps. The footsteps are getting closer and as soon as I saw whose footsteps that was from, I rolled my eyes. Of course, it had to be Leon. Fate always likes keeping us together.

"Cry, what the fuck? What happened?!"

"I fell down." I said.

"Come on, let me carry you to the clinic! I'm sure the nurse is still there." He said frantically.

I groaned and wiggled away from him.

"Cry, come on! Stop being stubborn and just let me help you!" He said.

I sighed before giving in. He then carried me bridal style and made his way to the clinic.

-----

"It's not that bad!" The nurse said after she finishes wrapping my foot with a bandage.

"It's a sprain so this might last for two weeks so you're going to have to use crutches for a while. Remember the treatments I advised earlier?" She asked.

"Ice, compression, ankle lifting and rest!" I answered.

"That's right and make sure you follow those religiously." She said.

"Thanks!"

I then took the crutches and gently lifted myself off the seat. I tried walking and it's not really as hard as I thought it was going to be but it's still so effortful and it takes a long time to take a few steps.

"Don't put too much pressure, Cry!" Leon said as he rubbed my back.

"Your boyfriend is quite a hero, huh?" The nurse joked which made Leon blush.

"He's not my boyfriend, he's a bully!" I retorted.

"Oh..." The nurse said in surprise.

I saw Leon's face fell, and I wasn't feeling sorry at all.

"Shall I drop you home?" He asked.

Suddenly, Dana barged in the clinic, startling every single one of us.

"Cry! What happened?" She asked as she rushed towards me. She then narrowed her eyes at Leon.

"Did you do this to him?!"

"Dana, it's okay! I fell, it was my fault!"

"Tsk! Cry, why are you clumsy these days?" She commented.

"Whatever!"

I looked at Leon to see him completely confused.

"I called Dana here! She's the one who's going to drive me home! Thanks for the offer though!" I informed him.

With that, Dana and I walked out of the clinic, leaving Leon back there. Damn, that was savage but funny!

----

(Leon POV)

"Sir, I am going to close the clinic! If you don't need anything else, you may leave." The nurse said. I scoffed before leaving the room.

"God, Cry is really making it difficult for me. For him to call Dana to drive him home when I am already here goes to show how he really does not want anything to do with me. It hurts but of course, I know I deserve everything he throws at me!" I said to myself

I went to the parking lot and hopped inside my car. I started the engine before driving away, thinking about whether I should still pursue Cry. Will he still forgive me or it's too late?