07🐌

Hyunslug woke up to chains rustling. His antennae eyes darted across the room and in several different directions, trying to find the source of the noise.

   Chenle was still 'sleeping', or as the guards think, rotting. Chenle suddenly opened his eyes. Hyunslug looked back and smiled an apologetic smile and urged him to go back to sleep. "No, it's okay. I don't feel like sleeping anymore." Hyunslug's eyes darted toward the exterior of Chenle's cell. It was quite rusted, and very worn down. His eyes wondered across the metal until he saw a nametag. "Yan An, Mice"

Wait a second..?

From the mice?

   There was a new prisoner, and his name was no other than Yan An. His cell was next to Chenle's, adjacent from his cell. "Did I wake up you guys?"

"Oh, no, not at all." It sounded right in Hyunslug's head, but when he said it out loud, it sounded sarcastic.

"Oh goodie! Annyeong chingudeul! Well, hi I guess. I'm Yan An, from the mice kingdom," he flicked his pink tail toward Hyunslug. "I was the head doctor of my kingdom, but since now I'm held captive," he paused. "They don't have one anymore."

"What about the nurses? Hui, am I right? He was that nurse who was in that scandal with Hyojong, yes?" Chenle poked his head forward, trying to get a glimpse of how Yan An looked it. The placing of he cells made it very hard, and the best he could see was a few white hairs.

"Oh, that. Yeah, he got a whooping from Shinwon after that."

"Shinwon?" Hyunslug has heard that name before, but he didn't know where. He did know that he was from the mice kingdom, due to the context that Yan An gave.

"Current king of the mice," Chenle interjected. "Ko Shinwon."

Yan An clapped his hands. "Ah, you're very smart, uh.."

"Chenle. C, H, E, N, L,  E."

"Thank you, Chenle!"

"So, what landed you here, Yan An?" Hyunslug observed his facial features while he spoke. "Well..do you know Ninghao? Well, of course you do. He's the king. Anyways, do you know..Jun Hui? Wen Jun Hui?"

"Yeah, we both know 'em." Chenle looked at Hyunslug for a second, looking for reassurance.

"Well-"

"SHH! Guards!" Chenle whispered and quickly morphed himself to his previous position. His shell that was an orange hue shifted to a dull red, similar to his shell color yesterday."

"SILENCE! WE ARE BEING ATTACKED. PLEASE STAY CALM. ALL PRISONERS WILL BE RELEASED TO HELP FIGHT. IF YOU ATTEMPT TO ESCAPE, WE WILL ULTIMATELY PUBLICLY EXECUTE YOU, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" The 3 nodded, along with 6 others, who were minding their own business. "CHENLE," Chenle flinched upon hearing his name. "Oh, you flinched. You were fooling us the entire time, eh?" Chenle gulped, but only stayed in the same position. "Stay behind, we need to talk, you crusty snail. You had the nerve to fool us, ya slug!" Hyunslug glanced at Chenle once more, and he was greeted with a simple wink.