09🐌

That night, the gates to the kingdom was blocked. Everybody was confused. Somehow, there was a conflict between Sluglix and Bang Chan.

Chenle was still nowhere to be found. The guards must have tortured him or something. It was rather lonely without him, but Yanan kept Hyunslug busy. He sometimes didn't understand Yanan the way he did with Chenle. He used mouse vocabulary, something Hyunslug was very unfamiliar with. But... he was wondering about Slugmin the most.

He shouldn't be caring about Slugmin so much, but he just couldn't stop thinking about him. I mean, what could he do? It was merely a stupid crush, but it only hurt him even more once he remembered those few seconds..when Slugmin's lips touched Minghao's.

Only thinking about Minghao and Slugmin only made him wonder more about them both. For example, why doesn't Minghao have the word, "Slug" in his name? It was the slug kingdom, everybody had the word in their name. It reminded Hyunslug of home, the snail kingdom. That was so long ago, it was before he became a slug. There were normal names there, like Jeongyeon, Seulgi, Doyoung. He remembered Seulgi, he used to be friends with her until she started dating that Taeil guy. She ended up just forgetting about Hyunslug. Within a few months, they were strangers yet again.

Jeongyeon was a different story. She was kind, sweet, and relatively pretty. And, well.. she liked him. That is, until he went to Translug school and came out that he was gay. He heard Jeongyeon ended up setting her grape garden ablaze. He didn't think much of it until he realized that she grew that garden for him. She felt genuinely bad for her, but then again, who sets an entire grape garden ablaze? Creepy.

Oh, and Doyoung. He was one of his snail friends back at the snail kingdom. He wasn't translug like Hyunslug was, but he was nice. He deserved a nice wife and a happy family.

He blinked and realized that Yanan was sleeping in his sleeping bag already. He figured Yanan got tired of waving his hand in front of his face and just fell asleep. He turned off their flashlight and tucked it back into his bag and slithered into bed.

..to say the least, he dreamed of Slugmin that night.