On the Train- The Marauders

We all know about the Marauders. They were the prankesters before the Weasley twins. Fighters in the first Wizarding War. They were known for being attached to the hip. They were friendship goals. But were the Marauders always like this?

     Well, lets start from the begining. The Hogwarts train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Do you have everything?" Euphemia Potter asked her eleven-year-old son. James Potter gave his parents a toothy grin. He could barely hide his excitement. He was going to Hogwarts!!

     The young Potter quickly checked off everything he needed in his head. "Yes, Momma. I have everything." James replied. He gave both of his parents a hug. Even though he was excited, James was still going to miss his parents.

     Fleamont Potter ruffled James already messy hair. His eyes twinkled. "Don't forget the write."

     Before he could answer his Mother gave him a stern look. "You're going to stay out of trouble. Right?" It was true. The young Potter was known for getting in trouble and causing mischief. James nodded his head quickly.

     "Right." He dragged out the 't'. That was a lie. He already had a plan that may or may not involve toilet seats and chocolate frogs, but that's for another day.

     As if reading his mind, Euphemia Potter rolled her eyes. "Thats a lie."

     "Yeah. It is." James laughed, smiling sheepishly.

     After a few more goodbyes, James was off to the train.

     Walking through the train, he looked in each compartment. There has to be one that isn't full! After a few minutes, the young Potter found a compartment with only one student occupying it.

     The boy was young. He had to be a first year like James. He was huddled in the corner with his knees to his chest. His sandy blond hair was covering his face. The boy was looking down. He looked sad.

     Oh that won't do one bit, James thought to himself. His parents always taught him to be kind to people and make them feel welcomed.

     James slowly entered the compartment. He didn't want to scare the already skittish boy.

     "Hey, can I sit here? All the other compartments are full." James asked. The boy looked up.

     A scar ran down his face. That's when James knew...

     He must protect this little bean of a child at all costs.

     The boy nodded. James walked over to the other seat and sat down. The boy wouldn't make eye contact. Yep, he has to make friends with this kid now. He really doesn't have a choice anymore.

     "I'm James. What's your name." James asked, giving the boy his biggest, toothy grin he could muster.

     "Remus." The boy answered with a small smile.

     Before James could ask Remus another question, a boy busted into the compartment. He put his hands on his knees and panted. The boy looked like he had been running around for hours.

     After a few minutes, the young boy stood up. He had a smirk edged on his face and an almost evil twinkle in his eye.

     "The names Sirius Black. How about you two?" The exuberant child asked.

     Now James knew about the Black Family. He had overhead his parents on multiple occasions. They were known as bad people. That didn't make sense to James Potter.

     This Child was not bad or stuck up or anything like the things he had heard. The kid couldn't stand still.

     For the second time that day James made a decision. This one. This one will be my best friend. He had made up his mind.

     "I'm James Potter and that's Remus. Why were you running?" James didn't stop for small talk. He was curious and wanted to know what in heavens was going on with this child.

     "I accidentally. Well.... purposefully... but that's not the point...." Sirius trialed off.

James and Remus stared at the boy confused. What did he do that was so bad? Before James could answer, Remus did for him.

"Oh on with it. What did you do that was so bad?" Remus mused with a small smirk.

James was shocked. Did the shyest boy he knew (being that they met ten minutes ago) just be sassy!? James wanted to become friends with Remus even more.

Sirius looked down as if he was the most innocent child ever. Which James could tell was not the case. "Well I saw this guy being a huge jerk. So, I did what any other person would do..." he trailed off once more. He rocked back on his heels. "I pretended to fall and hit him in the face with a pumpkins pastry from the trolley." Sirius finally finished.

James immediately rolled his eyes. "That's it? Come on man," he said with a laugh, teasing his new friend. "That's not that bad. What's the catch?" The young potter finished.

Sirius smiled. "Well, the git might have been Lucius Malfoy."

James immediately laughed. He'd been wanting to do that ever since he met the jerk out at the ministry with his father. Malfoy was a stuck up jerk.

James looked up. Now both Remus and Sirius were hunched over laughing.

Once the three sobered up. Sirius went over and sat next to Remus.

Remus smiled. "You know," he look at both of us. "I like you two."

Sirius slung his arm over Remus and agreed. Remus had a small blush across his cheeks. Hmm, he must be really shy, James thought.

A small boy then shyly walks into the compartment. The mouse-ish boy looks at Sirius. "Are you the one who threw a pumpkin pastry at that blond boy for me?"

Sirius smiled, his arm still around one of his new friends. "Yep. Hate that jerk." Remus let out a small laugh at Sirius's bluntness.

The mouse-y looking boy gives a small smile back. "I'm Peter. And I just wanted to say thank you." Peter looked around awkwardly. "I'll umm, leave you guys to it. I guess"

James shook his head with a giant grin on his face. "Nonsense. Come sit with us." James patted the seat next him.

Peter looks at the three hesitantly. "Are you sure."

"Of course. The more the merrier." Remus quietly, still a little shy with all of the knew people around him. Though, he was getting more comfortable with them. Sirius gives a nod in agreement.

Peter smiles and awkwardly sits down next to James.

The four young boys laugh and talk the rest of the way there. They were all unknowing of what their futures held.

All the pranks, mischief, romance, spells, and everything else they would experience. All because of the train ride to Hogwarts.

The train ride. It starting it all.

Heyyyy, My Dudes.

I can't tell you how long I've been working on this one shot.

I got the idea a few months ago and I have been writing it little by little ever since.

I hope y'all like it. I worked really hard on it.

I'm really excited to post this and I barley edited so if there's mistakes please let me know.

Please tell me what you guys and do you want more.

Love ya.

-Cassie🤓😎