hard to love-rack

for @roadieforever_rylyn

was skipping through my playlist looking for a song to inspire this one and hard to love by john buckley came on so here it is

bg:kind of together

~~~~****~~~~
*Jack's POV*
I ran into mine and brook's room and through myself on the bed and started balling my eyes out, i don't understand yesterday rye didn't want to leave my side and then today he won't even look at me, he's constantly messing me around and i'm sick of it, i didn't even know what to think but at the same time my thoughts were going wild, this happened at least once a week but normally about 3 times, so that's about 3 times every week i end up balling my eyes out, normally i hide it from the others but i can't even be bothered to try and hide it today, they all know what both rye and i are gay and they're fine with it and happy with it so i guess it wouldn't hurt to talk. i didn't even realise brook was sat next to me until he shook me out of my thoughts.

"jack jack, what's happened?"

"huh sorry, it's erm it's nothing i'm fine"

"jack don't lie to me please i can tell there is something wrong"

"i-i had an argument with rye kind of"

i explains to him what had happened and that it had happened about 3 times every week for about a month.

"jack how have you been hiding this for a month?"

"leaving the flat"

"oh jack"

he pulled me into a hug and i could tell by his breathing he was angry.

*brook's POV*
he just hugged me back and i could tell he was hoping i wouldn't say anything to rye. i just lay him down in my bed and sat with him until he fell asleep.

i then got up and went into Rye's room but he wasn't in there so i then went into the mindy room to see him sat with andy and mikey, acting totally fine, was he being serious?

"Rye! a word! now!"

he got up and his expression changed he knew exactly what i was going to say, and and mikey looked at me confused and i just ignored them and dragged rye into the hall.

"what the hell do you think you're doing!"

"what do you mean?"

"i mean treating jack like rubbish"

"i haven't done anything"

"rye he was just balling his eyes out, you can't say you haven't done anything"

"but i, wait why's he crying"

i explained to rye what jack had said to me whilst very angry so i was shouting, i didn't realise i was that loud until jack came out of our room, he looked like he'd been crying again.

*Jack's POV*
i woke up to the sound of brook shouting at rye, i sat for a while and listened then started crying again, after brook had finished explained i decided to leave the room to find them both right outside the door, i looked at brook, then rye then at the floor. then brook started to shout again

"rye look what you've done to him"

"i-i didn't realise, j-jack i'm so sorry"

he tried to approach me and give me a hug but i just cowered away and slid down the wall and curled up on the floor. i heard brook continue to shout at rye and rye trying to apologise but i wasn't listening to what they were saying. whilst they were arguing i crawled into mine and brooks room shut the door and burst out crying. then i heard rye say.

"brook go see andy and mikey please let me sort this"

"fine but i swear to god if you hurt him again i will punch you"

then there was a knock on the door

"jack please let me in i didn't realise i was hurting you i'm so sorry"

i got up, opened the door and sat on my bed, rye walked in and sat next to me but left a bit of space.

"jack i'm so so so sorry i didn't realise what i was doing to you, i-i'm just hard to love, i'm scared, i've always been told being gay is wrong i'm scared that people will judge me again i love you jack and i'm sorry that i'm the one that's guilty of being so damn hard to love, i'm scared of saying something wrong or doing something wrong so i just push you away and i don't mean to hurt you"

"rye don't you think i'm scared of what people will think of me but i push it aside when i'm with you because it doesn't matter because i love you, that's all that matters"

"i know i know i'm sorry i just don't want to lose you because i've done something wrong and i don't want to lose fans just because i'm gay, i know it shouldn't matter but i'm just scared"

i could see he was upset so i pulled him into a hug and as soon as i did he burst out crying.

"please don't cry i forgive you just please try not to push me away instead talk to me and don't be scared to say or do anything, i'll always love you"

"thank you"

we sat just hugging each other until he stopped crying then i looked up and him and said.

"rye will you be my proper boyfriend?"

"i'd love to be"

i pulled him as close to me as possible and kissed him, slowly and passionately, we then went to the mindy room to apologise to everyone and explain, brook still looked a bit annoyed so i gave him a hug and thanked him, we spent the rest of the night cuddled on the sofa and i ended up falling asleep on rye.

~~~~****~~~~
hope you enjoyed, bit longer than my others but hope you still liked it also thank you so much for 1k reads on this book⚡️