Pt. 7

Mickey PoV
1:26am
I sat in front of the TV flicking and looping through channels not finding anything interesting to watch. It was nearly half one in the morning and I couldn't sleep, nights had dragged themselves out and most of them were sleepless. It had be 3 weeks since Ian left and honestly I missed him especially his pancakes Mandy usually burns them it's was nice having pancakes without charred corners. He had texted me every few days always at night, telling me he is fine but he hadn't texted in a while and i had began it worry. I sent a voicemail or two but they weren't received so I guess he turned his phone off maybe, probably forgot all about me...

2 days later..... 8:58am

It has now been over a week since he last checked in but I couldn't blame him the phone maybe ran out i decided to go with that instead of him forgetting me, it would hurt way less. It was another sleepless night and again I was flicking through channels with the volume low careful not to wake Mandy who was sleeping off a week worth of drink before I stumbled on the news channel, it was the usually stuff. Robbery in local shop. A couple missing people and a person who was hospitalized. My breathing stopped every sound was muffled and distant except for the TV which I highered up. The reporter began it speak after pulling her seat into her desk and straightening her papers. As his face appeared on the screen along with Mandys that photo was from years ago.

"A young man found outside an illegal nighthouse has still not been identified. The male is 17 years of age, 6foot and weighs 145lbs and is very slender. He has red hair and pale skin. He has not spoken a word since the accident and is still unconscious. He was found with several stab woulds, two broken ribs and multiple other injuries but no ID was found on the victim all he had was a burner phone which was destroyed in the altercation and a wallet which held a picture of him and an unknown woman, the attorities belive it was a drug exchange gone wrong. If anyone can recognised this man or if anyone you know of has been missing for the past 4 days please contact attorities, this has been the nine o'clock news, that will be all for this morning now Brandon with the weather", then the picture reappeared on the screen and there he was but after a few seconds the weather forecast appeared.

Ian. But it didn't exactly look like his normal self, he younger and more frecklely but I could recognise him. I had blocked out every sound as I unknowingly  slammed around the apartment obviously waking Mandy up. She stormed out of his room, hissing a few times at the sunlight that came blistering through the window. I quickly tied my shoes and flung my jacket on. She came face to face with me and she was talking but I couldn't hear her. I shoved her out of the way and made my way to the door grabbing my keys along the way. She shouts

Half an hour later..

I had got Iggy to drop me to the hospital after I did some digging to find out where Ian was. I really didn't think I was capable of driving at the moment. I told him to leave the car in the parking lot incase I needed it and with a quick arguement he left in a huff. I walked in the front and the place was quite, visiting hours werent on. A nurse walked over to me she was pretty, Latina, beautiful chocolate brown eyes and a welcoming smile. "Sorry sir, visiting hours are within 2pm and 5pm and also if you want to come later there's 6pm and 10:30pm" She put her hand on my lower back and tried to lead me out the door but I held my ground. "Sir you do need to leave, do you want to get security involved?" I thought for a minute, maybe I could come back later..... No I have to see him now. "Please let me see him, he was brought in four or so days ago I think I see him on the TV I am just worried incase it is him" I used the word him so many times I thought she would kick me out but instead she lead me to her desk. "What is your relation to the patient? " I quickly responded, "Friend" She looked at me suspiciously. "How long have you known the patient?" should I tell her the truth, maybe I should lie, she might not let me see her. "A couple months", I lied. She nodded as she looked through her computer and finally she found his location. He is in the west wing, on the third floor, he is in a private ward, room 7". I nodded to her and mumbled a thank you before heading for the elevator. The all most unnoticeable elavator music calm me a bit as I ascended the building. The doors opened and I step out and entered a hallway. I scanned for the private ward and began running as soon as I spotted room seven.