Camonmile tea

Four years agoI was laughing spinning in the middle of nowhere

Four years ago
I was laughing spinning in the middle of nowhere. We were on the annual family holiday. It was the biggest tradition we had. Especially this specific place. My family always went on trips and around this time was always our biggest. We were staying at our families lake house, cabin in the woods.

It was our time away from the chaos of Riverdale

It was our time away from the chaos of Riverdale. I was sixteen and only had been here six times in my life. Auberon and Ann are obviously seventeen, Orion eighteen, Castillo, Tyler and Luke are twenty one, Aurora  are fourteen, Hunter who is Seventeen, Elara is eight Can't forget Cheryl the newest member of the family at fifteen. Nor could we forget the new generation of drakes. Emerald who's six, Savannah who's eleven, bailey who's three, the twins Ember and Fawn who are two.

We always insure that every Drake member comes on holidays, which may seem confusing considering Nikolai isn't there. But what it means is that everyone who is the child of Lillian and Mathew Drake is obliged to come not coming is like social death unless your name is Nikolai and you live in another state. You are also obliged to bring all your children no matter what, if you didn't repocussions will occur.

I was in the garden with Elara and Savannah we were tending to mothers garden. When we aren't her mothers brother tends to it. I was teaching the girls about each of the plants and how to tend to them. Orion Castillo and Luke went finishing but are due back any second. Picking some Camomile and peppermint for tea. We stroll together up to the house which is where we make the tea.

The house was filled with laughter as typical Drake fashion. Father was outside behind the barbecue cooking all sorts of meats for tonight's fiesta as we were calling it. Orion was doing what he does best probably the only think his good at when it comes to kitchen, seasoning the fish him dad Orion and Castillo caught earlier in the day. Music played as mother made dessert. Elara and Savannah were on salad duty. Tyler, Ann and I were showing Cheryl the wonders of what a real Drake fiesta is all about. Hunter was making all sorts of sauces having a gift for brilliant flavours, Tyler was on making beverages teas coffees alcohol you name it she made it. Ann and I were making our famous Drake pasta. Cheryl well she was helping everyone. It was filled with laughter, music and dancing like a normal Drake evening.

There was a reason the kitchen is always the heart of every home a Drake is in. Smiling as I twirl little Fawn around while dancing with Bailey on my hip. Both laughing without a care in the world. The three of us were trying to make pasta with Ann but like everyone else in the kitchen we would break out into random song and dance causing the rest to laugh.

Dad walked into the kitchen to inform us that the food is done and see where we were up to of the making food process. 'Africa' by Toto was playing more like blaring. Everyone was swaying and humming all liking this song even a little. "He turned to me and said hurry boy his waiting there for you" he came and picked up Ember who giggled 
"It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had" he twirled Mum around pulling her close, Ember still in his arms. As Mum goes out he throws Ember up in the air making her giggle again. Pulling them both to him.

All of us were watching the love and adoration that came off of him as he danced with the woman he loved who his everything and his grandchild who he love to the moon if not further. It all made us realize that this is what the drakes are. It's them the love and adoration, the passion and laughter, the sadness and anger.

Everything it all started like this. Just them maybe a bit younger but they were so in love that they didn't even notice the world move around them, they didn't see the time pass. Their still so in love that right now they don't even notice that we are all still in the room. It was the image of them when Castillo and Ann were born, then Luke it got a bit difficult to dance like this. But from experience and witnessing they always found time to dance.
Whether one of us was there or not they always found time to dance and laugh and sing like it's the first time they have done it.

It being the metaphor for their love.

And the perfect metaphor at that

For a Drake anyway.