Jealousy

Chris' P.O.V.

After that night I walked out if the coffee shop Becky and Scott walked out after me and we all went somewhere to talk and cheer me up. The three of us sat down at a table and had our beers while playing some cards together. "So you're saying it's a good thing then, that he's back." I said to Becky as I placed my card down. "It's a great thing. Did you see her face?" Becky asked me. "It's definitely still there." "Well, that remains to be seen." Scott told her. "I think you need to forget about the past, Scott. That thing with you and Patrick was what, two years ago?" Becky said to Scott. Man how was this supposed to make me feel any better. The girl I love is going back to her ex after I just asked her out and she gave me her number. How was I supposed to take this?

"The problem is not when it happened, it's that it happened at all." Scott said grabbing a card from the deck. "He beat you to the top of that climbing wall by what, 7 seconds?" Becky says to Scott looking at him. "After stepping on my hand." "It was an accident." "Sure it was." Scott said to Becky sarcastically. "The fact is that (y/n) may actually have a chance now. I mean, with everything going on at the coffee shop, it really couldn't be better timing." Becky said to Scott. "Bex, that's not exactly public knowledge." Scott said defending my purpose. "Well, Chris is not just anybody he can be trusted." Becky said to Scott reassuring him. "Can you be trusted?" Becky asks me. "Yeah, what's the problem with the coffee shop?" I ask both Becky and Scott.

"Gin." Becky says but yet no one tells me. Scott kind of already told be before leaving to go to the fundraising show at the coffee that night. I just wanted to know a little more about it.