Dinner date with Patrick part 2

Reader's P.O.V.

"That show has been sold out for weeks." I said as Patrick and I walked together. "You want to tell me how you got the tickets?" I ask him. "A man has to maintain a little mystery." He told me. "You know, when I left last year and you decided not to go with me, I thought to myself there's got to be some reason why we weren't not supposed to be together. Hey, I thought I'd look back on things down the road and figure it out. That that's the reason we were supposed to break up. But the thing is it's been a year. I still don't get it. I mean, this, it still feels right." "So, what are you saying?" I ask him. "I'm saying what if last year we made the biggest mistake of our lives and this is our chance to fix it?" We looked at each other and soon enough we both kissed for a moment before pulling back. "I should go in. Think this through." I said then gave him a kiss goodnight "Bye." I said to him before going in. "Bye." He said before leaving.

Ugh! What was I thinking?! I should be with Chris not Patrick. Patrick left me and the past should stay with the past. Who knows that he's going to probably leave me again? And I will not let myself get hurt again.

Next thing you know Becky was in there and probably saw the whole thing. "Well?" She asked me as I came inside and closed the door leaning against it. "Well what?" I asked. "Come on, he just kissed you!" She said in excitement. "Yeah, he did." I said to her. "Not that you were warching." Which she totally was. I could see her from the window. She and I both sat down on the couch to talk. "What color am I going to wear as your bridesmaid?" She asked getting way too into it. "No spring tones, they completely wash me out." She really was pushing it too fast. I don't want to marry Patrick. I am not even sure if I want to get back with him because I like Chris and I want to be with him instead. My heart is calling for him not Patrick. "Um, we're not quite there yet." I told her trying to get her to slow down. "Yet? I like the sound of yet." I chuckle. Oh, Becky. You can't hold yourself down can you. Does she even know I like Chris instead?

"So I ran into Eli and he told me that you were with Chris Evans." Becky told me. "But I mean, he's a total flake right? Because I absolutely knew you were with Patrick." She said to me. "Patrick met with the banker today about the coffee shop. I can only assume you knew about that." I said in devastation. Yep and that is why I know for sure I don't want to get back with Patrick because he is in on the foreclosure of the coffee shop. I should have known. "I may have mentioned your financial situation to him. Well, what was the meeting about?" Becky asked me. Ugh! I knew it! Becky should have kept her mouth shut that coffee shop means everything to me and she knows it! I'm kicking her out if she's going to take my life away. "I don't know. He said he'd tell me tomorrow." I said to her. "Do you know? Since you seem to know everything." I said to her harshly. "No, but I can only think of one thing. He's investing in the future with you." Becky said to me. Sure he is, Becky. Sure he is. "Oh, I can picture it now you guys standing next to each other with matching aprons, serving up mocha-choca-whatevers. Blissful!" She just couldn't stop could she.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves." I told her a bit annoyed about her trying to plan Patrick and mine's future together which of course was never going to happen. "Why not?" Becky asked. "Definitely fall tones, yeah. Salmon's the new orange." Ugh! Will she ever listen?