Losing the coffee shop

Reader's P.O.V.

I was sitting at the pier bench crying my eyes out and looking out over the water feeling devastated for life as Chris walks by and sits down next to me. "Hey." He said. "I would have gotten here sooner, but I don't run as fast as you do." "You didn't have to follow me." I told him. "I felt like I did." He said looking at me. "Do you ever wounder why it always seems like they're always building another parking garage? I've never liked them, they're cold and impersonal. No one cares who you are, or why or how you got there. They don't care how long you stay or if you'll ever come back. In fact, two minutes after you leave, you just get replaced." I said to him with tears in my eyes. "I guess I never thought of it that way." He said listening to me. "When I opened my coffee shop. I vowed I would never treat people like they were disposable. Now, I'm the one who's disposable." "No, (y/n), you're not. I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who is as loved by so many people for the right reason as you." He said to me in reassurance that I am meant for way more than this than I realized.

"You know, I brought my coffee shop just before it was torn down. I worked so hard to transform it into what it is now. I wanted it to be a place where friends could go and talk and laugh. I honestly think it's what I was meant to do." "And you did that. That coffee shop has a way of changing people. It changed me. You did something that so few people do anymore. You did something because you believed in it." Chris said telling me about how amazing I am for doing something I put my heart into. He was right very few people do that anymore. "But they just want to tear it down again." I say to him. "I failed." "No, you didn't fail. Failing would have been if you hadn't tried at all." I sniffed and said. "Ugh! I feel like such a fool." "Well you shouldn't, but I know that feeling, too." He said and I chuckled and said. "I doubt that." He laughed and said.

"Go ahead and Google the reviews of the last few scripts that a really good director wrote. He said the producers didn't even like them and you know what I did? I took the offer the the script I am currently rewriting and I am making it better. Things can change, (y/n). I know it can. But if I didn't take the offer and listen to Scott since he told me to come here. I wouldn't have come here back home to Boston and met you. God really does work in mysterious ways. I know it doesn't feel like it, but I've watched you and you're gonna be okay. I know what Patrick did to you, he's a jerk for doing that and jerks don't get second chances. I stood up to him for what he did because you don't deserve to lose what you have been so passionate about. You love the coffee shop as much as I do. And if I have to I will be willing to find a way to save it." He said as I look up at him. "You mean you will save the coffee shop? How?" I ask him. "I'll find some way to do it and I will make it all worth while. What do you say?" "I say that's amazing and thank you. I don't think I will ever know how to repay you." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him for a hug. "Hey, I have an idea let's go to Lucy's again and get some ice cream. Maybe that'll cheer you up. Come on." He said as he got up and took my hand.