Chapter 4: Partners

~Jungkook's focus~

Ugh. School. I stand outside the door deciding if it's worth going in there and wasting precious time learning about things I wont even need in life. Like why and when would I need to know about algebra? I wont need it to pay taxes or to pay for my living expenses.

But I guess I have to go to to school to learn about useless stuff to pass my tests and exams so I can move on to the next grade and then graduate to get my diploma, and with a diploma I can get a good job then with a good job I can get money to live a good life.

So I guess school is important- in a way. I'll probably forget everything when I graduate though.

*7:30*

By now more people are coming and going to their classrooms. I like to sit outside on the rooftop before school starts since I'll be stuck in a class room this whole time anyway.

I get up when the 1st bell rings, which means students and teacher should get ready to head to their class rooms and start learning. I walk into my math class room surprised that half of my class wasn't even here yet. But my sitting partner was.

Um..what's his name again? Uh tae-Taehyung I think? I walk over to my desk while Taehyung, ya I'm pretty sure that's his name, is looking over his work. I spot colourful candy and a baby pink bunny plushie on my desk.

"What's this?" I ask. Taehyung turns his attention to me. "Ah I just wanted to thank you properly for not leaving me there and for saving my life. Something serious could of happened. I could of drowned. So I thought I should buy you some nice things to show you I really am thankful." he smiles his usual smile.

"Wow thank you taehyung. I really appreciate it. Im grateful but I have a question, why a bunny plushie?" he smiles even wider now. "Because you look like a cute bunny when you smile."

......Did taehyung just call me cute? Well I mean in a way he did right? "Um jungkook are you sure your not sick too? Your really red." I mentally slap my self for getting flustered so easily. "Uh ya I'm fine. But really thank you for the gifts." The teacher walks in looking grumpier then usual.

"Alright class I'll be talking attendance and then we'll be looking over pages 102-132 in our math text book, then you'll be talking notes of important information that you think will come in handy when you take the test on monday".

Wait...TEST!?! What test?? I never knew we had a test on monday. How come I never knew of this?!?!

After attendence I looked through all of the pages the teacher told us to look over and took notes of almost everything it said. I really don't wanna fail on this test. I wanna do my best in this school.

Only 30 minutes past and I feel like its been 2 hours already. Taehyung looks like he's enjoying this. He's writing a lot and smiles at himself when he understands something. Its kinda cute.

"Alright students, stop what your doing. We will continue what we're doing tommorow" huh is it over? Are we done!? "We are gonna do some more work now" dang it.

"Since we are behind on our work we have to move on to something else. So for this you need a partner, and no you wont be able to pick your own partner, you will be partners with the person you sit beside." I turn to taehyung who seems very focused on what the teacher is saying.

"Now, what you have to do is you have to make up a math problem and then solve it, after I want you to make a 5 page essay on your problem and the steps you did to solve it, finally I want you to make a visual poster to show how you solved your problem. Now I don't want a grade 2 or even a grade 6 question ok. I don't want to see any adding or subtraction. This has to be a grade 9 question and I want to see math vocabulary or else I won't let you pass. Got it?"