Chapter 44: gym buddies

~narrators focus~

" do you ever feel like you wasted away your highschool experience?"

jungkook, who was halfway through eating his chicken, looked up at taehyung who was also halfway to eating his chicken. 

"well, that was random"

"I just feel like everything went by way to fast, ya know?"

jungkook took a bite of the chicken and began to ponder. 

"huh, I guess it did, but we all know who to blame for that"

jungkook glares at the narrator who was currently typing this. Oops.

"Jesus?"

"yea, sure"

taehyung shrugged and went back to his food. Jungkook and he were currently at a Korean bbq. jungkook likes to call it a date but taehyung prefers to call it a "hang out". Jimin just doesn't understand why they can't date if they both like each other. And taehyung just doesn't get why jimin can't admit his feelings for yoongi.

*in the dorm of taehyung and jimin// before the "hang out"*

" hey chim, I'm going out with jungkook tonight so make sure to do the laundry, please. Oh, but leave out my Gucci"

jimin whined saying how he planned to just stay in bed all day with his Korean dramas but agreed when taehyung made his pouty face. 

"oh, also can I borrow some of your clothes?"

"yea of course- wait, is this a date?" jimin asked with a knowing smirk while wiggling his eyebrows. 

"n-no!"

"huh, why'd you stutter then?"

"because it's cold!"

"it's not even- whatever"

jimin got up to help taehyung find something cute to wear. Even though it was just a "hang out" with jungkook, taehyung seemed to want to look cuter than usual, if that's even possible. Taehyung sat on jimins bed as the aforementioned pulled out clothes one by one. 

"hey, taehyung?"

"yea?"

"I never actually asked this but, you do like Jung kook right?"

"...yea."

"and you know he likes you back, right?"

"...yea. its quite obvious" taehyung let out a chuckle remembering jungkooks face when saying they're going on a date.

"Well, then why can you guys be boyfriends already? Are you waiting for him to ask?"

taehyung looked at his self in the mirror after putting on the clothes of his choice.

"no, if I wanted to I could always be the one asking, but I just- whenever you make something official, something else always happens, a-and I'm afraid of, losing jungkook over it."

jimin sat down beside taehyung and held his hands as if he was his mother. "awe taehyung, are you afraid of commitment?" 

taehyungs eyes shifted and he got up to put on his shoes and take a bag. " I wouldn't say so, rather, I think I'm afraid of what commitment could do."

Jimin's eyes softened as much as it could and gave taehyung a big hug. "it's okay taehyung, just have fun tonight then"

taehyung smiled softly. "yea...i'm off then. byee jiminie! take care of yeontan"