Chapter 23: Skipping Rocks

~Jungkook's Focus~

I knock on the door waiting for Tae to open it. "oh, hey Tae-um.......Who are you?" the guy who opened the door wasn't Tae. It was a older, yet beautiful guy who opened the door instead of Taehyung.  "Tae, is this the Jungkook guy you were talking about?" Tae comes over and greets me. I go inside and sit down in front of the guy who is still a stranger to me. Taehyung says he's gonna use the washroom and leaves.

.......

"so....who are you again?"

"hm? oh right, I'm Jin, Tae's cousin. Hasn't he talked about me before?" 

I slowly shake my head. Jin sighs. "that guy. what am I gonna do with him. i'm the only one who's here for him and he doesn't even talk about me in front of his boyfriend!" 

"oh...um i'm not Taehyung's boyfri-"

"hush! of course you are. You guys even went on a date."

hm...that is true. But we're still not dating though. Tae comes back and asked if we wanna do something. "oh I know! let's all go to the mall!" Jin asked- wait no, I mean commands excitedly. 

okay, well I guess i'm going to the mall then.

~Taehyung's focus~

"hey jungkook, you know you don't have to come right? I mean tomorrow's school, don't you want to rest? I mean, aren't you getting sick of hanging out with me?" I ask while Jin hyung checks out clothes for himself.

"what? well, first off, i'm already here so it's kinda too late to go back.  And second, Why would I get sick of hanging out with you?"

"well, you see me in school already, and now you have to see me on weekends too" I really don't wanna be a bother to Jungkook. I don't want Jungkook to feel forced to be my friend. Just as Jungkook was about to say something, Jin hyung comes. "alright i'm done. Do you guys wanna go to the food court now?" 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

"ha! you can't even do it."

"yes I can!"

I throw a rock and watch as it makes a big splash. "ah, why does that keep happening?" I look at Jungkook laughing his head off. I huff. "aw, are you mad?" I huff again. "ok here, i'll teach you." I look up at him. "really?" Jungkook smiles. "yep"

after eating, we decided to go to the beach. Jungkook threw rocks and they bounced on the water! it's called skipping rocks, I think. intrigued, I tried doing it myself, but it didn't turn out like Jungkook's had. I'm glad he's teaching me though. Now we can skip rocks together!

I give him my boxy smile. "ok so what first?"Jungkook goes to the right side of me yet slightly behind me, and raps his arm around mine, adjusting it a bit. I turn bright red. Jungkook notices and smirks, purposely getting closer to me. "all you have to do is flick your wrist like this." Jungkook shows me how to do it by holding onto my arm and doing it for me. 

"ok, now do it on your own." Jungkook says and backs away. I miss his warmth. I wonder if he'll think i'm weird if I ask him to hug me...

"Tae?"

"hm?"

"are you gonna try?"

"Oh, right."

I go to the position Jungkook showed me. I flick my arm and watch as my rock skips once, twice, three times....four times!

I look back at Jungkook. His face all proud. "did you see that!!! I did it kookie!" I went over and hugged jungkook. "ya I saw! i'm so proud Tae!"

~Author's Focus~