Will I Ever Finish a Letter?

July, 1
Dear Kendra,

Bill is getting Married. To Fleur! Mother was ballistic, but she couldn't change Bill's mind. No one else minds— of course— how could they? She smiles and talks in that silly accent and they are all kissing her feet.

She is at the house constantly, and Mother always makes me be around her so they don't have to be alone. That Phlegm! I wish Bill would marry Tonks instead, Mother keeps bringing her around hoping he will come to his senses.

I always knew Bill wasn't to down to earth, but this? How could he marry someone so snobbish and stuck up? He is all caught up in the adventure and glamour. Well you will see once you get here.

Write soon,

Ginny.

I didn't really know what to say to this. I barely knew Fleur, but she seemed alright. She was brave and smart enough for the Goblet of Fire to choose her. Besides, I was sure Bill wouldn't marry someone just because of adventure and glamour as Ginny put it.

Dear Ginny,

I don't know Fleur well enough to have any opinions on her, but if she as is stuck up as you say I hope—

"Does your mail normally come up owl?" asked T'challa's mother carefully.

The Royal family of Wakanda teens to eat breakfast together. It seemed to be the only meal they ate together, because of their roles in running the Kingdom kept their schedules busy and varied. I thought it was sweet they made a point to always have breakfast together. They had grandiosely invited me to always eat breakfast with them, because I was their guest or something.

I looked up from my writing. "Only the mail from my friends at Hogwarts."

"Right," she paused awkwardly. "The Wizardry school."

"Yeah," I smiled. "They do a lot of weird stuff."

July, 15
Dear Kendra,

I am having the most splendid time this summer. Well as much as can be expected. I am going to the burrow in a week or two. When will you be coming? Has Ginny been writing you about Fleur? I always did think she was rather stuck up, always getting by on her looks and never putting in any real effort. However you always tell me to be less judgmental, so I won't say anything further until I meet her at the Burrow. The one thing that has spoiled my whole summer is waiting for the OWLs results to arrive. I can't stop thinking about them—

"Was the owl so important you had to stop training?" Okoye remarked, standing over me. She was the leader of their army, and was the one helping me train, along with the other warriors of course.

"The mail wasn't, but the owl would'n stop pecking my head until I read it."

She humphed, and walked away.

"It's not like I could kill my friends owl," I called after her. Some soldiers glared my way. I sighed and dropped my things.

"Stay here," I ordered the owl, and walked back to the field.

July 31,
Dear Harry,

Happy Birthday Harry, I hope you are at the Burrow by now. I would hate to think you were spending your birthday with—

"Witchy," called Shuri. "The experiment is exploding! It's awesome, come see."

I shoved the letter in my pocket. "Exploding?"

August 1,
Kendra,

We know the OWLs results will be mailed to you in a few day. Your father and I want you to know that we will be proud of you no matter what the results are.
Your Grandmother told us about what happened at the Ministry at the end of last year. We wish you would stay out of this war, but we understand if you don't. You have always been the loyal type. At the end of the day, we are just glad you are alright.
Hopefully during Christmas break, we will be in one place long enough to see you.

Your Parents.

I stared at the letter, not daring to move, afraid the wind that rustled the paper and the leaves over my head, would turn the letter into dust.

"Do you always have mail?" asked Shuri sassily, as she sat down on the bench next to me.

I shrugged.

She stared curiously up at the sky. "How do the OWLs even get through the cloaking shield?"

"Magic." I shrugged.

August 3,

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results  Pass Grades:  Outstanding (O)  Exceeds Expectations (E)  Acceptable (A)  

Fail Grades:  Poor (P)  Dreadful (D)  Troll (T)  

Kendra Alianovna Barton has achieved:  Astronomy: E
Care of Magical Creatures: O
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: O 
Ancient Runes:O
Herbology: O
History of Magic: E
Potions: E 
Transfiguration: E

I couldn't hide the smile that appeared on my lips. I got nine OWLs, an owl in every class I took! My parents would be

"Move over," exclaimed a man as he hurried down the halls carrying a huge basket. I jumped to the side, noticing the chaos that was happening everywhere.

"Witchy!" greeted Shuri.

"What's all this for?" I gestured at the decorations and busy halls.

She rolled her eyes, not unkindly. "Tomorrow my brother is being crowned King!"

::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'::'
Hey Everyone, I am so excited the sixth book is out!

Forever and Always,

Me.