Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts

Harry motioned to Ron Hermione and I to follow him up the platform, looking for an empty compartment. "We can't, Harry," said Hermione, looking apologetic. "Ron and I've got to go to the prefects' carriage first and then patrol the corridors for a bit."

"Oh yeah, I forgot," said Harry.

"You'd better get straight on the train, all of you, you've only got a few minutes to go," said Mrs. Weasley, consulting her watch. "Well, have a lovely term, Ron..."

"Mr. Weasley, can I have a quick word?" said Harry.

"Harry-"
I reached out to try and stop him, but he and Mrs. Weasley were already talking. I frowned, waiting for him to finish saying whatever stupid hunch he had.

"Kendra!"

I turned around and saw Lav and Jazz attack me with a hug.

"It's so good to see you," I exclaimed, laughing.

"Sixth Year, The year you finally decided to answer our letters," teased Lav.

"I see you're wearing the hair clip I got you." Lav said proudly.

I reached up to touch the jeweled item. "Best present ever."

Jazz raised an eyebrow. "Best present?"

"Your present was the best too," I said smiling. Someone bumped into me, practically throwing me on to the train.

"It sure is crowded this year," commented Jazz. "Or maybe we are just later than usual."

We squeezed past as many people as possible, so we could get a compartment of our own. We passed the Perfect carriage on our way. Lavender looked in the window and did a double take.

"Is that Ron?"

"Yes..."

"But he's so..."

"Tall?" I offered, smirking a little.

"Yes," breathes Lavender. "Tall, among other things."

"Can we just find a compartment?" asked Jazz.

We did find a compartment, and had a marvelous time catching up. After a while there was a knock on our compartment, then it slid open.

"Kendra, we were going to find Harry," said Hermione, standing in the door way. "We finished our perfect duties."

Ron was standing behind her. Lav's eyes got big when she saw him. Then she smiled flirtatiously and batted her eyes.

"Hullo, Ron."

"Err-" was his response. No one else said a word.

"Well I better go. See you all soon." I stood up and bolted out of the compartment.

As we passed the Slytherin compartment, we stopped noticing Malfoy was in it.

"I thought he was a Perfect," said Ron.

Malfoy sneered at us and one of his friends got up. The Slytherins laughed and hissed and us while he swaggered over.

"Weasel, bitch, mud blood," he sneered. "You three should know which to stay away from. We wouldn't want any of you to have an... accident."

A hot fog fell over my brain as I punched him, the force knocking him against the wall.

"You think you're the one who gets to kill me?" I spat standing over him. I leaned in closer. "I'm fucking crazy, I'll kill you first!"

The Slytherin looked up at me with pure fear in his eyes. How dare he threaten my friends? After everything hat happened at the Ministry he thinks he can just waltz over here and insult and threaten us? Then something shifted.