Closure

A few hours before the party, the owl Coulson has bought to send me files arrived with a package. I opened the package and out fell a dress. I wonder who picked it?

The light scarlet fabric reached down to my toes. The  dress had and open back and was sleeveless. It clung to me. The fabric had intricate designs on it, and the whole dress took my breath away. I looked fierce elegant and hot.

I called Hermione into the room, and we started getting ready together. Jazz helped us with our hair. Hermione has become quite good at makeup in the past years, even if she hardly wore it. She helped my choose a glamorous natural look.

Once we were ready, Jazz Hermione and I went down to the common room. Lav was sitting in a sofa. It was one of the few times I have seen her in the past month that she hasn't been glued to Ron.

"Hi Lav," said Jazz. Lavender looked up and did a double take when she saw me.

"Ron isn't going to be at the party," said Lav as she looked me up and down.

"I know," I said. I glanced around and saw that a few people were in the room.

"In any case," she said. "You should cover up more."

I was taken aback for a moment. "What?"

"Oh don't act so innocent," snapped Lav. "I know you were trying to steal Ron from me with—" she gestured at my chest.

"We should go," said Jazz, who was gripping Hermione's arm tightly.

"No you go, I'll catch up," I said. Jazz nodded, and tugged Hermione our of the room.

I turned back to Lavender. "I'm no turning to take Ron away from you."

"You think that by dressing like a slut, you can take Ron away from me!" shouted Lav.

A few people looked up from there homework.

"I'll have you know, how I dress is none of your business," I said quietly.

"No one wants too see all that anyway," said Lavender.

"Oh really?" I said, anger giving me insane confidence.

I pulled down my neckline even lower and stalked over to Neville. I put places my hands on the arm rests of Neville's  chair and leaned in.

"Neville, do you think I should find a different dress?"

Neville stared at me with wide eyes. He opened his mouth, shut it again, and shook his head.

I stood up and strode over to Lav, who was glaring at me.

"I think Neville liked what he saw, not that I care what anyone thinks about my clothes." I walked to the door, and paused before I left. "Really, Lav. Of all the ways our friendship could end, I never thought it would be over a boy.

I left the room with my head held high. The Christmas party was lively when I arrived. I mingled for a moment, not talking to anyone. I didn't want to admit I was just looking for the food.

"Kendra," said Hermione grabbing my arm. "I'm so glad you're here."

Hermione looked disheveled.

"Are you alright?"

"Hello, Hermione." Harry appeared with Luna by his side. "What happened to you?"

"Oh, I've just escaped — I mean, I've just left Cormac," she said. "Under the mistletoe," she added in explanation, as Harry continued to look questioningly at her.

"Serves you right for coming with him," he told her severely.

I swatted Harry's arm and glared at him. "I don't here you saying anything like that to Ron."