After the End

It was chaos as battles usually are. Except this time it actually felt like a war. There were hundreds of people on each side battling to the death. Peter split off from us when he saw Tony. I was happy they could be reunited.

We plowed through the army ignoring the alien guts that splattered our clothes. Any time I got tired I just thought of my mom, and let anger fuel me. I still couldn't find Dad.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dad run passed me holding the Guantlet.

"They have the stones!" I yelled to Shuri.

"Good!" She shot the head off an alien. "I'm getting a little tired."

I cut an alien in half. "Take a breather if you need one."

"In this economy!"

I laughed for the first time that day. I looked up just as Peter went whizzing over my head. He was holding onto Thor's hammer with one hand and the stones with the other.

"Shuri look!"

Then Pepper in an Iron Man suit grabbed him and threw him onto a Pegasus.

"When did this become normal?" I muttered to myself as I rolled under an alien and cut off its legs.

"Peter's down!" yelled Shuri.

I turned and followed her finger.

"Like dead or he just fell?"

"He just fell, but he has the stones!"

We rushed towards him, killing anything that stood in our way. By the time we got there, Captain Marvel was standing in front of him.

"I think you got something for me," she said.

"Yeah." Peter handed her the gauntlet. "But how are you going to get through all of that?"

At that moment figures and suits flew in around us. All the women had come to support. Scarlet Witch, Pepper, and so many more. I wished mom was here to see this.

"She has help," said Pepper.

We cleared the way for her, but honestly she didn't need our help. She flew at Thanos and stared him in the eyes. They were locked in combat for a few minutes, when finally he threw her off. The gauntlet went flying. I was busy battling six other aliens. All I could do was watch.

I watched in horror as he put on the gauntlet and poised his hand to snap.

"I am inevitable," he said.

Just before he snapped, Tony flew at him and grabbed his hand. Thanos threw him off. I stared not daring to watch, but unable to look away. Even the alien stopped cutting at me and watched.

Thanos snapped, but nothing happened. We looked at his hand and saw that all the stones were gone. I turned to look at Tony. He lifted his hand, and showed all the stones attached to the hand of his suit.

He sat up, stoic even with blood trickling from his head. "I am Iron Man."

He snapped. A flash of light covered the whole field.  When it was gone, I turned and saw every alien turning to dust. Finally, so did Thanos himself.

Tony slumped to the ground. Peter, Pepper and Rhodey flew towards him. I took a step forward, then hesitated. Did I really want to watch someone else die? Was it my place to be there while his wife cried for him?

"Kendra." Dad appeared behind me and crushed me in a hug. He held me like that for a long time. Neither of us saying anything, but neither of us letting go.