It will be Worth it

"Kendra," said Mom. "Can you go get another notepad from upstairs?"

"Sure..." I wasn't really sure why we needed one, but I was to happy to argue.

It took me about ten minutes to go three floors up, get to the supply closet, and locate another notepad. As I was walking back, I realized it was incredibly hard to find. Maybe it was because of all the tech we had. Paper seemed almost primitive. Someone should really tell Hogwarts.

I walked back into the conference room quietly.

"Six stones, three teams, one shot," said Steve as I walked in.

"Cool," I said, setting the notepad down on the table. "Which team am I on."

No one said anything for a moment.

"You aren't coming," said Mom.

"What?"

"It's for the best," said Dad.

All the other avengers slowly walked out of the room, leaving us to our family squabble.

"So I am allowed to fight Thanos but not time travel? I'm a witch time travel is actually normal."

"It has nothing to do with you," said Mom. "This is a high stakes, complicated mission. It's more than a mission, it's our last chance."

"So you think I am going to mess it up?" I said indignantly.

"No," said Dad. "It's complicated enough without us having to worry about your safety."

"I can take care of myself."

"That's doesn't stop us from worrying," Dad replied.

"Besides we can't come back without the time machine platform. We need someone stay and guard it. It made the most sense for you to stay behind."

"That makes sense," I said reluctantly. I looked at Mom and Dad who seemed stressed enough already.

Mom and Dad each put an arm over my shoulder.

"We need to go suit up with the others," said mom.

"And I need to go get weapons," I said.

"You don't have any one you?" asked Dad with a raised eyebrow.

"Not enough," I said a little embarrassed.

"We'll meet you by the time machine platform."

We left to go our different ways. I went and grabbed a few guns from the armory. By the time I arrived at the platform, everyone was suited up. It looked like Steve was waiting for me before he gave one of his speeches.

"Five weeks ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends...
We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know.
But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect.
Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win.Whatever it takes.
Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that,"  said Rocket.

"Right?" said Scot. I stood off to the smiling as I watched everyone do final touches to get ready.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jelly green," said Tony who now Now next to me, by the controls."

"Tractors engaged," said Bruce. They all took there places. I felt a twinge of jealousy.

"See you in a minute," mom winked at me, and grinned at Dad.

There machine started churning and making noise. There was a huge flash of light, and they disappeared. The room was suddenly silent, and I was left by myself.