Chapter 8

Luka

"How is he?" I ask trying to hide my excitement. Katze sits in his usual place, in front of my desk in my office. It's one thing I loved about Katze, he was always direct in his approach.

"He is... tired. And dirty. The drugs are still in his system," he responds warningly, his arms crossed.

"That's fine. I have a serum system prepared to help numb the effects of the withdrawals for his duration here," I reply, not looking up from my papers. I smile as I catch Katze's impressed face, knowing that it cost a lot to put in place.

"I also want to make you aware that during his stay here, he is to be treated as my guest. By yourself, and all of my staff," I continue.

"Sure boss," Katze grins at me slyly. The smug bastard.

"Make sure he is fed and cleaned by this evening," I ask avoiding his eyes.

"Urgh, don't tell me you are using him tonight? The boy has barely arrived," he sneers. I remain quiet letting his outburst slide. It infuriates him more. "Seriously, what's wrong with you? If you saw the shit heap he came from you would agree with me. Give him one day's respite. Please?" he says almost shouting.

"You forget your place, Katze. Do I need to remind you of why he is here?" I growl giving him my threatening look. True, I was eager to see the boy. But I wasn't a monster. I was going to assess the situation before I made my advance. I meant it by him being my guest. I wanted to enjoy his company, but Katze wasn't to know this.

He sighs giving me a disappointed look. "Whatever," he grunts acting like the teenager I hired. I tense trying to let the attitude try not to bother me. I watch him storm out the room, pretending to write notes. Really, I was excited to see my lapan, I had missed him more than I thought...

***

As the meeting ended, I tried not to run out of the room, avoiding eye contact with my team.

"My lord?"

I groan quietly and turn to find Gerald pushing past others to talk to me. "Yes, what is it?" I ask trying not to sound tired.

"I wondered if I could have a moment, on a personal matter?" his question interests me enough to linger.

Once the room empties, I gesture for him to continue. "It is regarding your umm, entertainment, my lord," he starts and my heart sinks. Really, it infuriates me how this man takes interest in my personal life. I have never got round to telling him that.

'What about it?" I ask, irritated that I have to talk about the entertainment rather than going there to see him. "Just to make you aware that it is Dixi's week soon. I wondered if you would require him any longer this time?" he asks, his piggish face disgusting me.

Ah Dixi! A cute gem that was a regular of mine. I had forgotten about him due to recent events. "Ah yes, well one week should be fine. Although I am surprised you know this, as it's Gustav's responsibility," I mutter hoping he will take the hint.

"Ah of course my lord, it was just I was in the neighbourhood and he asked for you is all," he replied casually, his face red and bloated. I grin, of course the minx would. He didn't hide his admiration for me, much to Gustav's distaste. It wasn't good for my image but he was a dish I simply couldn't deny. He had never disappointed me and I remembered I had arranged his week sooner due to the debate season coming. He was brilliant at stress-relief.

"Tell him I look forward to his visit," I reply head swimming with pretty blonde fae. Which reminded me that I had one waiting for me. I bid Gerald good evening, and when no one was looking, I shuffled quickly to my apartment.