Epilogue

Mari

At first it felt like a soft breath of air on my hair. Then I felt fingers touch my scalp, slow and soft movements. I hum sleepily, enjoying the sensation against my aching head. I feel lips touch my temple, and my heart quickens. That musky scent. My dark angel had returned!

Slowly I open my eyes, hearing my own heartbeat. My stomach drops as I take in the darkness around me. The soft fingers return to my hair making me flinch. It takes a few minutes for me to roll towards him and I hear him gasp in surprise.

Next to my bed, he is taller than I remember but just as handsome, his pale eyes glowing in the moonlight. His face expressionless. Tentatively, he reaches over and resumes stroking my hair. As I remain still, he continues to do it, putting me in a sleepy trance. My eyes flutter shut, my mind screaming to stay awake as I fall asleep again. A heavy sigh wakes me up again, and I flinch making him move away from me. I feel more awake than before, relieved that he is still here.

"Luka," I say, my voice sounding loud in the silent room.

"Mari," he replies softly, my name sounding weird.

"Are you really here?" I ask softly. His face twists to a grim smile.

"Yes," he replies, and I look to his hand willing it to return to my head.

"What took you so long?" I ask, sounding more ungrateful than I was. He looked away, staring out the window above me. I had never seen him so... upset.

"They wanted time for you to recover. Time without... my influence," he replies, trying to mask the anger in his voice but failing. It made me happy though. I try to sit up and fail, making him click his tongue at me.

"You shouldn't push yourself," he grits. I laugh breathlessly.

"You are one to talk," I reply shortly. He tilts his head as if not believing what I had just said.

"I do so for you," he growls. I laugh and shuffle closer to him.

"I know," I breathe. It sounded lustier than I intended but it got the idea. I hadn't forgotten my angel. My handsome, sexy pixie. My powerful dark creature that loves me. I would never tell him, but I heard his words that night.

I take his hand carefully and kiss his fingers, getting a soft moan from him. "I missed you," I say softly, nuzzling his hand. It breaks whatever restraint he has and pushes me down to the bed, his mouth over mine. We kiss deeply, parts of my body waking up happily as feeling spreads through my aching body. His tongue enters my mouth and I moan into him loudly.

"Gods..." he whispers against my lips breathless, I was satisfied that I still affected him this way. I nuzzle his face, seeing only his eyes clearly.

"I love you Luka Vatican," I whisper. He bites my lip in response, getting a groan from me again.

"Be mine always lapan," he whispers against my now throbbing lip. I kiss him deeply in response, pulling his head to deepen our kiss. A ringtone breaks the dark silence.

"Hai?" I hear him turn and answer. He growls to whatever the voice said and snaps his phone shut.

"I have to go," he whispers leaning in close again. I heard rushing footsteps in the distance. I kiss him hard, tears pricking my eyes.

"Always yours," I breathe on his lips, fighting the panic that he is leaving me again. I gasp loudly as he bites me on my throat hard, his lips sucking a mark there. A light switched on in the corridor, assaulting the darkness in my room. He growls and breaks away.

"I will see you again," he says almost threateningly, causing a jolt of lust in me. I watch him leave swiftly, feeling my lips and bruised throat throbbing from his presence.

16th July 2016 - 28th August 2017

Thank you so much for reading! This is my second book and I couldn't be more proud. Unlike my first one 'Elan: Son of Song' I wanted this to be free and available to all. If you like this, please follow me on Goodreads under Alex Wolf. If you have any feedback, I would love to hear your thoughts at alexwolfauthor@gmail.com

To be continued...