Chapter 14

Dixi

I click my tongue as I note the fresh mark above my nipple. "Gerald you bastard, I told you not to leave these on me," I hiss as I hastily reach for concealer. His ugly chuckle comes from the bathroom. "Bastard," I whisper as I finish off my make up. I hate having to do this in his room. It was so demeaning.

"Where was that little rat from The Pits during your... reunion?" he asks, his voice already annoying me. I smirked to my reflection.

"I shoved him in the wardrobe, the stupid fuck stayed there. Saw the whole thing," I chuckled. Gerald went quiet, I wondered if he has heard me.

"Interesting," he murmured as he wandered out the bathroom adjusting his breeches around his fat belly. I barely hid my disgust. If only I became permanent in Luka Vatican's life, then I wouldn't have to reduce myself to this fat piece of shit. I was so distracted with my future plans that I jumped when he placed his slimy hands on my bare shoulders.

"I bet the little rat enjoyed watching it didn't he?" he sneered and I shrugged. "You better hope he isn't there again tonight, my pretty," he warned, his lips close to my ear. His breath nauseates me.

"Or what?" I ask reluctantly.

He spins me round in the chair fast. "Think about it, you stupid slut! That little rat made Vatican forget about you. He is your immediate competition," he hisses. My eyes turn to slits, unimpressed.

"I seriously doubt that. The little mouse can hardly speak, let alone fuck," I answer confused. Gerald slaps me hard, shocking me.

"Do NOT underestimate him. If you lose him to that little rat, you are done for. Your career is ruined," he barks, his word ringing in my burning head.

"That better not leave a mark you fat bastard," I spit. He seethes and jabs a chubby finger at my chest.

"You need to be careful. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here," he hisses. I swallow, the truth hitting me hard. This was the first time Vatican had ever forgotten me, it stung like the point in my chest from his finger jab. He was right.

And if I did lose the Vatican to that mouse, my career was gone. No one fucks the Vatican's rejects. As soon as the words spreads my service is done for. The only place I could go was The Pits. The realisation hits me hard.

Gerald leaves me to think, satisfied that his words have had their effect. I stared back at the frightened reflection in the mirror. Get your shit together, Dixi.