Chapter 22

I wake up slowly the next morning, not opening my eyes. I don't feel Ryder in bed next to me though. I sleepily wonder where he went when I feel the bed dip and something move between my legs.

         My eyes shoot open as I feel a tongue slowly lick up my slit. I see Ryder positioned between legs, face at my core with his eyes watching me. "Good morning angel." Is all he says before he dives back down.

          I throw my head back as he begins to eat me in earnest, like a man that hasn't had food in days. Unable to control my self I grab the back of his head, holding to me, as I move my hips against his mouth.

          Before I know it, he slides two fingers inside of me and begins pumping away. Just as I'm about to lose it, he takes his mouth away from clit and removes his fingers. Making an angry noise, I reopen my eyes to see him hovering over top of me. Suddenly, he grabs my waist and flips me over, pulling me up onto all fours.

         Before I'm able to fully grasp what has happened, he slams into me. I moan just before  I begin pushing my hips back into him, meeting him thrust for thrust. In this position he can get so deep, filling me completely.

         He reaches one hand up and grabs a fist full of my hair, forcing me to arch my back causing me to practically scream in pleasure as I feel his other hand move lightly over me. Circling my clit, he doesn't touch directly where I need him. "Please Ryder. Oh god! Please,please touch me!"

          "Well, since my angel has asked me so nicely..." then he touches exactly where I needed it. Within in seconds I go off like a bomb, falling flat on my face.

            It's not long after that Ryder follows, collapsing onto my back as he finishes. "That was a really nice wake up call. A girl could get used to that."

           I feel Ryder's body move against mine as he lets out a chuckle. "Then I'll have to do it more often so you never leave me."

          I go still at his comment, we've never discussed what this was or what might happen in the future. His offhanded comment makes me question where he sees this going. "Is that what you want? For me to never leave you?"

          "Harper, I know we've never mentioned what we were doing or anything remotely serious, but I like you. Even though I fuck up sometimes and my actions don't show it, I really like you and want to see where this goes. I can't make any promises as to what the future holds but I want to see where it goes with you."

          "Me too." Is all I can say.

          "Let's get cleaned up and get some breakfast in you. I know you told Aaron you just want to hide away for a few days, is that still what you want?"

         "It is. This guy just has me really scared and I need a little more time where I feel safe. I have to go to the shelter for a little while though."

         "Ok, let's get some food then we can go there so we can come back here and spend the rest of the day doing nothing."

          "You don't have to work today?"

          "No, I told Caleb I needed a few days to be with you and get everything sorted. I don't have anything on my list that the other guys can't handle for a few days."

           "Thank you for doing that. It means a lot to me that you're willing to drop everything to help me."

          "Of course angel, what else would I do for my woman?"

          Before I can answer, he's pulling me out of bed and helping me into my bathrobe. Heading down to the kitchen, we hear a knock at the door.  Ryder is instantly alert and moves me back a little bit before engaging the security camera to see who's at the door. Seeing that it's detective Chavez, I move forward to open the door.

         As soon as the door opens, my boys come bounding through the room and aren't able to stop themselves, plowing into the detective and knocking him down. "oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" I ask as I pull the dogs away from him and Ryder helps him up. 

          "Yea, I'm ok. Shit, they hit you like a brick wall."

         "I'm so sorry, they're still puppies and get a little excited some times. Please come, we were just about to make breakfast, we'll make some for you." 

         "That's not necessary Harper." 

          "Please, it'll make me feel better about by dogs bulldozing into you." 

          "Ok, if you're sure it won't be any trouble." 

          "Of course not, please have a seat while I get the coffee started." 

         In the kitchen detective Chavez sits at the island with Ryder as I begin making french toast and bacon. 

         "So detective, what has you coming by so early?" Ryder asks. 

             "A couple of things actually. I wanted to check in and see how Harper was doing after everything that happened yesterday and I came with the first good news I have." 

         I stop what I'm doing and turn to him, "What good news?" 

         "We were able to pull surveillance footage from cameras near the shelter and we caught your stalker placing the photo onto your car. Before you get too excited, the angle isn't great so we didn't get a look at his face but we know how he's built now. He's about average height, maybe 6'1 and a little on the bigger side. he was wearing a hoodie with the hood up so we couldn't get a look at his hair color but we were able to tell that's it's a white male." 

         "That doesn't seem like a lot of information." Ryder commented, always the optimist that one. 

          "You're right its not, but it's more than we had before and in a case like this any information is a good thing." 

         "Thank you for coming to tell me this. I know it isn't a lot, but I still feel a little better now that we have even the tiniest description to go on." I say, finishing the first batch of french toast and putting it on their plates. 

         Steering us away from the heavier subjects, the three of us enjoy our meal before detective Chavez excuses himself. We clean up the kitchen then get dressed before Ryder and I head to the shelter with Aaron and Fin.