Chapter 23

As we all walk into the shelter together, I can't help but be a little excited to have Ryder here with me. I want him to see how well the kids are doing on their performance and how awesome they are in general.

          When we walk into the main room, all eyes turn to us. I smile and wave to them, I've learned all of their names (at least the ones that come I regularly, there are a lot who don't come in often) and have been trying to form some sort of relationship with everyone of the them (some are easier than others). "Good morning everyone, I want you guys to meet my friends Ryder and Finn."

          At the introduction, most of the kids just nod their heads and turn back to what they were doing but some of them just stare, unsure of what to make of the two large men in leather jackets with the club logo on it.

         A few of the ones I've spent more time with (both in practice and just around the shelter) are brave enough to come up and introduce themselves.

         Ryder and Finn each take the time to talk with all of the kids in front of us. Talking  to them like adults and not treating like they're less for not having a home like a lot of people do.  We stand around taking with the group of kids until it's time to practice.

         I figured that they guys would hang out in the main room but they followed us into the room where we rehearse and watched us the whole time. As much as I tried (and I tried really hard) I couldn't stop looking at Ryder, seeing him sit with the kids and give them his whole attention.

         Like watching them practice a song was the most important thing in the world to him.

          When I saw him like this, giving kids attention who didn't know what to do with an adult treating them like he was, I knew I was right to forgive him. Any man who can walk into a place like this and give these kids a taste of something good and genuinely mean it, that's a man I want to be with.

Ryder

         I watched Harper as she spent a few hours with these kids who have probably never had an adult treat them with the kindness that she was showing them, and I fell for her then.

         She treated all of them, the friendly ones and the ones who were rude to her, with such affection and kindness, there was no way not to fall head over heels in love with her.

          After watching the practice and spending a little more time with the kids, we all headed back to the house. When I got her alone in the kitchen I pinned her against the refrigerator. "You are the most amazing person I have every know.  You used to be one of those kids, now you're able to come back and bring  a little light  to their lives."

         She looked shocked by what I said. I couldn't help but kiss her, she looked that adorable. "Thank you for bringing me today and allowing me to see what goes on there. I'm going to talk to Caleb and Colt about some of the guys volunteering there a few times a month."

         "Really?"

         "Yea, the kids there could use some more people in their lives that give a shit and the ones from the club that volunteer will. It'll be good for us to do more for the community anyway."

          "That would be amazing if you did that. All of them, especially the boys, need good male role models. I think you guys would be able to connect with them on a level that most men probably couldn't."

         "If you thinks it's a good idea than I'll mention it sooner or later."

         This comment earned me a tug on my neck, bringing my face down for Harper to kiss.

          It started out as an easy thank you kiss but turned into something more when I nipped at her lower lip, asking for entry. She easily gave it to me.

          I unfortunately before it could lead to anything else, I got a call on phone. Answering without looking at the id I heard Colt's voice in my ear.

         "Yo man, you back at Harper's?"

          "Yea, just got back a few minutes ago. Why?"

          "A few minutes ago one of the brothers noticed a a paper attached to the gates to the compound. When he went to get it, he saw it was addressed to you. Being a nosy fucker, he opened it. Basically, it was a note from the sick fuck following Harper warning you off of her." 

          "Are you fucking serious? That asshole had the balls to bring this to the club?" 

         "Apparently... I don't like that he's focusing you now. I don't have a good feeling about this." 

          "Do you think now that he's put a little focus on me he'll back off Harper a little?" 

          "I don't know. I called detective Chavez and he's coming by later today to talk to us and get the note. I'll talk to him and see what he says. He'll probably have a better idea than I will. But I think you should stay at Harper's for the time being. With everything that goes on with at the compound and the garage, it'll be too easy for this guy to slip in if her wants to"

          "Ok, if you think that would be for the best, I'll talk to Harper and see what she says." 

           "Alright man, let me know and I'll pack you a bag and bring it by tonight." 

           "Thanks brother, I'll let you know." 

          I know Harper is wondering what's going on but I pace the room for a few minutes trying to get my shit together so I don't scare her with my temper. When I finally have a lock on it, I turn to her and give her a run down of what Colt told me. I see her face pale when I finish. Going to her and pulling her into my arms I say, "It'll be fine angel. We'll get this guy and he won't ever get the chance to hurt you. Do you mind if I move in temporarily?" 

         "Of course not! I feel safer when you're here with me." 

          "Good, then let's relax for the rest of the day. We've had a shit couple of days and deserve to shut down for a little." 

         Smiling at me, she leads me to one of her spare rooms and grabs me a swim suit, I guess we're going swimming. 

          A few minutes later, Harper comes out to the pool in a bikini that has me getting hard instantly. Unfortunately, before I get to act on anything, her beasts burst out of the door and head straight for the pool. I guess we're swimming with the monsters, lucky me. 

Coming Home (A Chaos MC story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें