Chapter 39

God, these chairs are the worst. Small, no fucking padding.

You would think that whoever bought these things would want the people sitting in them to be comfortable seeing as they may be sitting for hours at a time.

It's been 6 hours since Harper was brought to the hospital. They ran all sorts of tests and scans on her since she hasn't woken up yet. The doctors said there's swelling in her brain and she has a concussion so her being out for this long isn't a good thing. I didn't understand half of what they were talking about but when I heard the word coma, my heart stopped.

They kept talking and all I got out of it was that if she didn't wake up in the next 24 hours, we should be worried.

They also said her cheek bone was fractured but that was the worst of the injuries and the cuts and bruises would heal on their own.

It pissed me off beyond belief that the only thing I could do was sit in this shitty chair and hold Harper's hand, talking to her and telling her how much everyone missed her and how she needed to wake up so she could go home to her beasts.

That's what I was doing now, sitting pulled up close to her bed, listening to the beeps of her heart monitor, holding her hand and telling her how worried everyone was. The club had been by and all the brothers came through and sat for a couple minutes before heading home to wait for some news. Now it was just me and Mike hanging around. Aaron and Finn went back to the house to take care of the dogs, planning on coming back in a few hours to relieve Mike.

I look across the bed and see Mike with his head down, holding onto Harper's other hand. He's aged 10 years in the past few hours, it's hard to watch him sitting over her like that.

"Mike, she's going to be ok man. She's gonna wake up soon and we'll take her home and see to it that's she's good."

All he did was look at me for a second before putting his head back down and bringing her hand to his lips.

I did the same, and spent the next hour telling her how she needed to wake up. If she didn't, I don't know what either Mike or I would do. I knew losing Harper would destroy Mike and I wouldn't be far behind.

A little while later a nurse came by and took her vitals, looked at is with this sad expression in her eyes and left us to our thoughts. I was making plans on calling someone to bring me by a change of clothes and some food soon since I didn't plan on leaving this room until Harper was awake when I felt something twitch.

My eyes flew down to Harper's hand and I watched as it moved in mine before squeezing gently, like she was trying to figure our what she was holding.

I looked over at Mike and saw him staring down at her hand as well. I guess she squeezed his too. My eyes went to Harper's face and I saw her eyes trying to open, they would flutter for a second then stop. Almost like she was resting to get her strength up to try again. I watched her do that a few more times before she was finally successful and I saw her beautiful hazel eyes slowly open. They were clouded with pain and confusion, but they were finally open. She was awake!

"Hi there angel, its good to see those eyes again. You had us scared shitless being asleep that long." I said gently, leaning down to kiss her forehead.

Her eyes slid to me and it took her a few seconds to focus on my face. But when she did, a small smile flitted across her face.

"Thank God, my sweet girl, do NOT ever do that to me again. You had me scared out of my fucking mind." Mike said, her hand still at his mouth and tears forming in his eyes.