Chapter 37

It's been two days since I've been here and I've never been more scared.

        The first night with him, Brad tied one of my legs to the bed post and my wrist to his. He told me it was so I didn't get any ideas about escaping or hurting him in his sleep (which I hadn't thought about but it seemed like a good idea). The next morning, I lay on his bed after a sleepless night when he suddenly rolled onto me.

         My breath caught in my throat, terrified he was going to rape me.

        But he didn't.

         He brought a hand to my cheek and stroked it as he talked to me, "I have to go to work  today, so that means you're going to be in the attic while I'm gone. You've been very well behaved after your punishment but I don't trust you yet. So I'm going to set up a TV in the attic and I'll make sure you have plenty of snacks and drinks to get you through the day. I'll do my best to get home early too so we can have more time together tonight. Now, I'm going to get in the shower and when I'm done, I'll untie you and we can go down and get breakfast."

         With that, he untied his wrist from mine and went into the connecting bathroom. I Heard the water go on and finally allowed myself to relax and process all that he just said. I knew from being in the attic briefly that other day that there was no way for me to escape. So I decided I would use my day alone to come up with a plan on how to escape.

          Not long after, Brad came out wearing a pair of black slacks and a dark green button up. He untied my leg from the bed and guided me down to the kitchen. "Ok my sweet Harper, I'll make the coffee while you cook us some breakfast. I'm in the mood for eggs, so make mine over easy."

         He moved to the coffee machine and I just stood there. This man is delusional if he thinks we're supposed to be some kind couple. I mean, he had to be crazy to stalk and kidnap me, but to convince himself that I'm here willingly and we're in a relationship, that's a whole new level of crazy. But, I took a deep breath and pulled it together. I could fall apart at my situation when he left me alone. Right now I had a part to play, so I started acting.

         I moved around the kitchen and got everything together what I would need. I started his eggs and put some bread down to toast. As I waited for everything to cook, I watched him. He was humming as he made the coffee, like everything was perfect in his world.  I don't know why, but this made me want to cry.

          All I wanted to do was go home to my dogs, Ryder, Mike, Aaron, and all of the Chaos family.

           I sigh quietly to myself as I finish plating Brad's eggs and wiped some butter on his toast. I grabbed my buttered toast and joined him at the table.

         "This looks perfect Harper, thank you." He said and leaned over and kissed my cheek. I fought a flinch at him kissing me and just gave him a small smile.

         "Is that all your eating?" He asked, motioning to my toast.

          "Yes, you said you were going to give me snacks for today so I decided I want to fill up in those."

           He gave me a smile and shook his head like he thought I was adorable. I ignored this and ate my toast.

          The breakfast passed quietly, me trying to keep it together and keep my mask up, who knows what Brad was thinking.

          Before I knew it, Brad was done his eggs. "Ok sweet Harper, it's time for me to get to work." At that, he took our plates and put them in the sink. Grabbing my hand, he pulled me out of the kitchen and up to the attic.