Chapter 1

Austins hands ran all over my body as we shared a passionate and lustful kiss. His hands touched my arms, hands and then traveled along my sides, waist and eventually down to my thighs. He broke away from the kiss then re-applied them to my collarbone, neck and upper chest. I've never felt so amazing before. Austin pulls away from my neck and looks at me straight in the eyes.

"Ally, I have to tell you something."

"What is it Austin?"

"Ally."

"Yes?"

"Ally?"

"What?"

"ALLY!"

I scream in shock and find myself jumping then falling off of a chair and tumbling to the floor. I groan in pain, also hearing someone laugh from above me causing me to look up. There behind the stores desk I was currently napping behind is one of my best friends Trish, laughing at my misery. I roll my eyes and sit back down on my chair giving her an unimpressed look until her laughing dies down.

"What do you want?"

"It's nice to see you too!"

I rolled my eyes and place my head back on the desk just wanting to go back to the best dream I have ever had.

"Okay what's up with you?"

My head snaps up as I hear Trish's voice. What's wrong with me? Oh I don't know maybe I'm mad because you woke me up from the best dream I ever had and will probably never have again! I wanted to shout that to her but I settled for the more simpler answer.

"Nothing."

Trish rolled her eyes giving me a look saying 'I'm your best friend you can't fool me!'

The truth was I couldn't fool her if my life depended on it. We have been best friends since our diaper days and we have never lied to each other before. I guess I'm going to have to tell her the truth as to why I have been acting so weird lately.

"Fine. I will tell you but you have to promise me you will not tell a soul! You have to take this to your grave!"

"Okay okay whatever just tell me!"

I took a deep breath, looked Trish straight in the eyes and prepared myself to tell her my deepest, darkest secret.

"I'm in love with Austin."

The minute I finished that sentence her jaw dropped and the whole store became silent. Okay it's not that big of a deal! I start to fidget not having anything else to do then suddenly jump from the sound of my best friend squealing. I look at her like she is insane, while she screams and jumps around like she won the lottery.

"OH MY GOD YOU LOVE AUSTIN! I knew it! I totally saw this coming I mean come on, you both became immediate best friends when you first met each other 3 years ago and you both look and act like your the only two people in the world! You guys were a cliche waiting to happen."

"Come on, that is so not true. I only recently found out my feelings for him so there was no way we treated each other like that! Plus he would never like me, I am just plain old Ally. He is one of the coolest people I know, it just wouldn't happen."

Trish gave me a flat look before sighing in defeat.

"Whatever. You can think what you want but you know I'm right and it will happen sooner or later. Anyway, I've got to go. I'll talk to you later, lover girl."

With that, Trish winked and me then left the store. I get what she was saying but there is no way that Austin would like me the way I like him. Right? I should just stop thinking about this and focus on work. There were only 5 minutes left before closing anyway and there was only one man left in the store. The only reason I am excited to end my shift is because after I close up, I'm going to go to Austins house to have our annual sleepover. It became a tradition when I accidentally fell asleep at his house after we watched a movie and now it is a regular thing.

"Excuse me miss?"

I look up to see the only man left in the store in front of me, obviously needing assistance.

"Yes, can I help you with something?"

"Yes actually you can." The man said with an evil smile on his face. The man was about 6'2 and was in his mid-forties. He was bald with wrinkles on his face and over all, he kind of gave me the creeps. All of a sudden the man takes a knife out of his trench coat. I am suddenly frozen in shock and fear as he just looks at me laughing like somebody told him the funniest joke.

"Awww don't worry little girl! Just give me the money and I might let you live."

I knew I had to call the police and the only way I could do that was if I had my cell phone, which was all the way upstairs in my locker. Thinking upon instinct I quickly took the register and threw it at the mans face and made a run for it up the stairs.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

I heard him yell as I was climbing the stairs as fast as I could. As soon as I reached the top step I felt someone pull my hair and I screamed in pain and shock. I screamed again but only this time it was because of the excruciating pain I felt flood through my body as something sharp entered my arm. Before I knew it, I was tumbling down the stairs. Right when I hit the bottom of the stairs my head hit the ground, then everything went black.