Chapter 5

The ride to Austin's house was very quiet but also very comfortable, which was not unusual for us. Once Austin and I arrive at his house, he gets out of the car and comes over to my side to open the door for me. He has to help out of my seat since I have a cast on my right leg, which is already a pain in my derriere. We walk on the lawn towards the front door and the walk into his beautiful, comfortable house. Well, I guess our house now. As soon as we walk in, Austin's parents run towards us and hug the both of us.

"Oh Ally dear! I'm so glad your okay! We will protect you and I promise no one will hurt you with us around!"

Mimi, Austins mom, says while giving me a bone crushing hug. Although I appreciate her love and concern, she accidentally hit the cut in my arm causing me to screech out in pain. She quickly pulls away looking scared and regretful, making me feel bad for her. I try to give her a reassuring smile but the tears immediately fill up my eyes from the searing pain.

"Oh Ally I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay Mimi, you didn't know. I have a cut on my arm."

I point down to my arm, and when I look I see that it has reopened and the cut is bleeding through my gauze. Austin looks at my arm, realizing that my cut reopened, making his eyes widen and quickly comes over to me.

"We better put a new gauze around your arm. Come with me."

Austin grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together like its no big deal while this action alone makes my hear jump,and pulls me toward the stairs. I look over my shoulder and give Mimi a reassuring smile before turning back around and climbing up the stairs behind Austin. We go into Austins room and he brings me to his private bathroom, located on the right side of us and shuts the door behind me.

"Sit on the toilet and I'll fix your arm."

"Okay."

I sit sideways on the toilet facing the door as Austin gets new gauze.

"How much does it hurt?"

He asks me sitting in front of my arm, starting to remove the gauze as gentle as he can without disrupting the cut.

"On a scale of 1-10? Probably a 9."

He chuckles and finishes taking off my gauze, throwing in the garbage behind him, then facing me again.

"I'm going to have to clean the blood around the cut."

I instantly get scared and start to internally panic. I think Austin noticed I was hesitant and scared because he put a reassuring hand on my knee, squeezing it gently.

"Ally I promise i won't hurt you, okay?"

"Okay. I trust you."

He starts to clean the blood around the wound while I'm tightly closing my eyes the whole time. Ever second that goes by I am expecting a pain to hit me but it never comes.

"All done!"

I let put a deep breathe which makes a laugh escape him, causing me to to snap my head to him.

"Whats so funny?"

"Nothing. Your just a drama queen!"

After that he laughs harder making me giggle.

"Okay now all I have to do is put on the new gauze."

I nod and he starts to gently put on the new gauze. After he's done I thank him and we leave the bathroom and sit on his bed. I yawn causing me to realize how tired I actually am from all the events and information from today.

"Tired?"

All i can do is nod in response, while my eyes are drooping on their own accord.

"Do you want me to show you to your bedroom so you can go to sleep?"

"Yes please."

And with that said, Austin leads me to the guest bedroom, which will be my temporary room. I thank him and say goodnight then getting changed into my pyjamas once he leaves the room. Once my head hits the pillow, I fall fast to sleep.

Austin's P.O.V

I said goodnight to Ally and leave her room and head downstairs to tell my parents that Ally is asleep. When I go downstairs I see my dad watching TV but I hear my mom in the kitchen sniffling. Suspicious, I go into the kitchen to see my mom doing the dishes while crying. I go over to her and ask her whats wrong, worried something happened while I was attending to Ally's injuries.

"Is Ally going to be alright? I feel really bad about hurting her! She doesn't want to come downstairs because of me right? Shes not scared of me is she? Oh no shes terrified of me and now she's going to have to find another place to stay!"

I laugh at my moms accusations and she gives me a weird look, looking like she is about to break down and cry again but also slap me for laughing at her misery.

"Mom she's going to be fine. You didn't know about her cut. She isn't coming down because she was extremely tired so she went to bed. She really appreciates you and dad letting her stay here and so am I. You know she loves you and dad like parents. Plus, she is a very forgiving person."

My mom quickly wipes her tears away and smiles at me.

"Oh okay. We love Ally like a daughter and I'm so happy she's safe. Well sweetie, you look exhausted! Maybe you should go to bed and get some rest"

She was right, I was exhausted. I said goodnight to my parents and headed up to my room. I take off my shirt and put on yellow sweats. I lay down on my bed and instantly fall asleep when my head hits my pillow.