Chapter 10

It has been 2 weeks since I first moved in with Austin and it hasn't been that bad. Well aside from the fact that Mimi knows I'm in love with Austin and she keep trying to give him hints that I do, it has been pretty good. Thank God he is the most oblivious person I have ever met. I've heard nothing about HIM but I'm still terrified. Just because there is no news of him, doesn't mean he still isn't out there. This though, will not stop me from living my life. HE cannot control my life and I will not let him so today I will be facing my fear. Today is my first day I am going somewhere outside in 2 weeks. Today Austin and I are going to the mall. Austin is waiting for me downstairs while I sit on my bed, feeling sort of cowardly. My legs seem to be frozen because they will not cooperate with me and help me take me downstairs. I hear a faint a knock on the door and before I can say anything the door opens. I look up to see Austin looking at me with a small smile on his face. He chuckles at me and comes over to sit next to me on the bed.

"Are you coming or not?"

I laugh at how ridiculous I'm acting and nod my head at him.

"Yeah. Lets go."

I stand up and so does Austin, causing a warmth and comfort to automatically invade my whole body. He holds out is hand and I take it, lacing our fingers together and it feels oh so good. He leads me out of my room and down the stairs, bringing me closer to the fear I have unfortunately obtained. We walk outside and I am instantly welcomed with a warm air brushing my face. I smile and look up at the sky while my eyes close. I let out a happy sigh and Austin gently pulls me down from the porch and onto the sidewalk. We walk in comfortable silence to the mall while his hand is still in mine. We decided to get a bite to eat at the Melody Diner before doing anything else. When we arrive there we sit at the booth we always sit at, although we haven't been here in quite a while.

"Jeez, I haven't been here in so long! I can't wait to have chicken pot pie."

"To be honest, I haven't been here in a while either. The last time I was here was when I sang heartbeat to Cassidy."

Crack. That was the sound of my heart breaking just a tiny bit. Why did he have to mention her? I tried so hard to forget all about that. I looked up at him and gave him a fake smile.

"Yeah and then she just left. That must of sucked!"

Wow that was a bitch move. Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh. I don't want to hurt him. I know it was hard for him that day. To my surprise, Austin just laughs.

"Yeah. But don't worry, she said when she comes back I'll get that date."

Ouch... I laugh with him then sadly look at my menu. Just then our waiter comes over to our table. I look up at him and he starts to sing.

"Hello my name is Porter, can I take your order?"

He was staring at me the whole time and I was staring at him too. He was HOT! And he was a great singer! I shyly smile and him and he winks at me causing me to giggle and blush uncontrollably. Austin clears his throat and Porter and I look at him. He looked.. pissed? He gives Porter a death glare then tells him what he wants. Is Austin.. jealous? Well, this could be fun! If he wants to talk about Cassidy then I will flirt with Porter. Porter writes down Austins order and then turns to me with a flirtatious smile.

"And what about you pretty lady? What can I get for you?"

Okay he is good at singing, but not as good as Austin. Speaking of Austin I can see him intently staring at Porter and I. I give Porter a flirty smile and start to play with a strand of my hair while batting my eyelashes at him.

"What would you recommend cutie?"

He chuckles and I hear Austin scoff in disgust. Then Porter starts to sing.