Chapter 4

Ally's P.O.V

The doctor explained to me who the man that had attacked me is and how he was still out there. HE'S still out there! This can't be happening to me! He was supposed to be caught and put on jail, and I was supposed to live my life without fear of seeing HIM again. Hes going to find me and kill me, I just know it. HE hates me for crying out loud! At least my dad is safe in Europe, but now I have to stay at Austins house, not that I have a problem with that It's just that, It's a little surprising. At least it is much safer then staying at my house all by myself, but that doesn't mean that I'm not still terrified! I was sitting on the hospital bed staring at the white wall in front of me, not knowing how to comprehend or react to the fact that my attacker is still walking the streets. Everyone was staring at me waiting for me to say something, hoping that I would take this news calmly, but unfortunately there was only one thing that could come out of my mouth.

"He's still out there!"

I was on the verge of crying but I was trying to control it for the sake of my friends and the doctor, and even myself. Austin put a reassuring hand on my back and said that it was okay, which got me extremely angry. I shoved his hand off of me and I received a sad smile from him.

"NO! ITS NOT OKAY! HES GOING TO FIND ME AND KILL ME! BEFORE HE KILLS ME HE'LL PROBABLY RAPE ME!"

I fell back on the bed and burst into tears. I couldn't handle this. Nothing bad has happened to me since my mother's death. I was used to living a boring life, with nothing severe to worry about, and then something like this happens. Why me? I was practically hyperventilating when Austin's voice cut through my internal freak out.

"Ally look at me."

I hesitantly sat up and looked up at the love of my life with my tear filled eyes. He placed his hands on either one of my cheeks looking directly in my eyes, causing butterflies to automatically erupt in my stomach and shivers to run throughout my whole body.

"Ally I promise you that I will protect you with all of my life! I will not, repeat NOT, let HIM or anyone hurt you. Do you understand me?"

I knew he meant it with all of his heart by the look in his eyes so I just nodded causing him to give me one of his heart stopping smiles while pulling me into a heart warming hug.

For the next couple of hours, the doctor came in and out of the room to check on me. Trish and Dez left about an hour ago to get stuff from my room to bring to Austins house, which I was very grateful for. I was laying on the hospital bed just waiting for Austin to come back with food, mostly in my own little world thinking about everything that has happened. He was being extremely sweet and I would have to thank him for that. I don't know if my dad letting me stay with Austin was a good or bad thing. Right then, Austin comes in the room with a bowl of pickles and I couldn't help but smile. He knew me so well. He comes over and sits in the chair beside my bed and hands me the bowl of pickles, which I gladly accept.

"Thank you."

He looks up and gives me his billion dollar smile. One day that very smile will be the death of me but hey, I'm not complaining.

"Anything for you Alls."

I smile at the nickname that he always calls me and never fails to make my pulse quicken and butterflies to invade my stomach.

"Austin?"

He looks up at me and nods for me to continue.

"Thank you for letting me say with you and making me feel... safe."

"As I said, anything for you, you are my best friend."

Best friend. Right. He would never have feeling for me like the feelings I have for him. I would just have to accept that fact and move on. We sit there in comfortable silence waiting for the doctor to relieve me so that we can go to Austin's house. As if on cue the doctor comes through the door and hands me clothes to change in, curtsy of Trish and Dez. I take the clothes from him and go into the bathroom to change, then going back into the room to thank the doctor for everything he's done for me. Austin and I left the hospital and went into his car, driving toward his house. Well, this should be interesting.