Chapter 9

Ally P.O.V.

Wow, Austins backyard is so pretty! When you walk outside, the pool is a couple of meters away a little bit to the right. On the left there is a table with chairs under a large rectangle patio umbrella. There are twinkly lights hanging everywhere and beside the table and chairs, on the grass was a swinging bench, one of my favorite outdoor appliances.

"WOW! Your backyard is beautiful."

"Thanks. It helps when there's a beautiful scenery that just ties together the whole backyard."

He was absolutely right. There was a beautiful sunset right over the whole backyard, glistening off the pools water. Looking at it made me breathless with its beauty.

"Yeah."

All of a sudden Austins arms were around my waist causing me to drop the towel that I was holding. I scream in shock as he puts me over his shoulder and goes to the diving board.

"Austin! PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

I can feel his whole body shake, meaning he is laughing at me. Before I can do or say anything else he throws me into the pool from the diving board.

"Oh you did not just do that!" I say when I come up from under the water.

"Oh, but I did."

Austin laughs and then jumps off the diving board, doing a front flip, and lands in the water splashing me in the process. When he come up from the water we both look at each other and start to laugh. We swim around for the next hour and it was really fun. I wish this moment could last forever. This fun, this carefree time, not worrying about anything. Although it is really hard to swim with a cast, it was not completely impossible.

"Austin, Ally suppers ready!"

We hear Mimi call us from the back door and we reluctantly get out of the pool, drying off as much as we can and heading back inside into the kitchen. Mimi and Mike are on one side of the table so Austin and I sit beside each other on the other side. Throughout supper, there is a lot of small talk that probably no one will remember in an hour. There is also the occasional foot wars with Austin under the table, causing us to both laugh. Mimi and Mike just look at us funny which make us laugh even harder. After supper, I thank Mimi and Mike for the meal and go upstairs to have a refreshing shower. I change into a black tank top and yellow short shorts with black music notes on them. I couldn't be bothered to dry my hair so I just put it into a messy bun, which I will probably regret in the morning when my hair looks like a birds nest. I am sitting on my bed ready to text Trish when I hear a soft knock coming from my door. I put my phone on the side table and look towards the door.

"Come in."

The door opens and Mimi come in and with a sweet smile on her face. I can't help but smile back and she fully enters the room, closing the door behind her.

"Hi Ally, may I talk to you for a moment?"

"Ya sure Mimi, what is it?"

She comes over to me and sits beside me on the bed.

"I need to ask you a question and you have to be 100% truthful okay?"

"Okay.."

Oh no... what is she going to ask me!? She looks at me in the eyes and asks me a question I never knew she would ask.

"Do you have feelings for Austin? I mean more then a friend."

I look at her surprised while my mouth is hung open. Should I tell her the truth? Will she hate me or kick me out? Well there's only one way to find out. I sigh and answer her.

"Yes..."

After I say this she squeals and pulls me into a hug, careful not to touch my wound. Umm.. okay?

"YES! I knew it! Awww Ally I'm so happy for you!"

"Happy for me? I'm not dating him I'm just in love with him, its not that big of a deal."

"Wait. Love?"

My eyes widen in realization of what I just said and I regret it immediately. That was the second time I said I loved Austin out loud and I say it to his mom !I start to protest, but it comes out in incoherent mumbles. Mimi laughs and shakes her head at me, cutting off my pathetic attempts of denying my love for her son.

"Its okay Ally, your secrets safe with me."

And with that she left the room. I have a feeling living here just got a whole lot more interesting.