Chapter 16

Chasing. Running. Crying. Out of breathe. Hand on my shoulders shaking me.

"NO! NO! NO! STOP IT! NO!"

My eyes shoot open and I see a worried Austin looking down at me. Oh. It was just a dream. I let a sigh of relief, closing my eyes breathing heavily.

"It was only a dream baby girl."

Austin says to me softly.

"I know, but it felt so real."

I open my eyes facing Austins concerned ones. He takes one of his hands and strokes my cheek while giving me a small smile. I put my hand on the one Austin is using to stroke my cheek and return the smile. I eventually take my hand off his causing him to stop stroking my cheek and take his hand back. He lays back down beside me facing me as I do the same. For a while we just lye there looking into each others eyes, which I've learned to love to do. This is until Austin breaks the comfortable silence.

"Ally, I wrote you a song."

My mouth literally dropped off of my face. He wrote a song? And for me?

"Wait! The, Austin Monica Moon, wrote a song?"

He chuckled at me and I joined in giggling.

"Yeah. I finally found my inspiration."

Oh. His inspiration eh? It's probably that stupid girl he's oh so madly in love with!

"Oh really? Whats your inspiration?"

Just say it I can take it! My heart is already broken!

"You."

Of cour- wait what? Me? I looked at him in shock for a moment until I could feel myself starting to blush. I couldn't help the huge smile sneaking up onto my face. I could see Austin blushing while smiling back at me.

"So anyway, I wrote a song for you and I would love to sing it to you. Is that okay?"

"Of course it's okay! You. Wrote. A. Song! That's huge! I have to hear it now! Go, go,go!"

I sat up and went to the end of the bed sitting with my legs crossed facing Austin. He chuckled once again at me and stood up from his laying position, walking over to get his guitar. He picked it up and then came back over to the bed sitting cross legged, across from me. He put the guitar over him and looked up at me sort of nervously. I nodded to him telling him it was okay, so he took a deep breathe and started to strum his guitar.

Whoa, ooh

Well, let me tell you a story

About a girl and a boy

He fell in love with his best friend

When she's around, he feels nothing but joy

But she was already broken, and it made her blind

But she could never believe that love would ever treat her right

Did you know that I loved you or were you not aware?

You're the smile on my face

And I ain't going nowhere

I'm here to make you happy, I'm here to see you smile

I've been wanting to tell you this for a long while

What's gonna make you fall in love?

I know you got your wall wrapped all the way around your heart

Don't have to be scared at all, oh, my love

But you can't fly unless you let yourself,

You can't fly unless you let yourself fall